Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer ordered something I do not provide

Hello, guys! Basically, a buyer just ordered a gig of mine, but apparently he did not read my gig description, as his order was on something that I do not provide as a service. How can I deal with this without it affecting my Order completion ratings?

3 Likes

This is a very unfortunate thing for a seller. There is no way but canceling the order and it must affect the rating, no matter who does it. You better can try seeking the help of the CS.

2 Likes

Nope, it’s not a translation issue. It is as what I described - buyer ordered something I do not provide.

Nope. Sorry! Thanks for trying to help tho. If it was, would of let you know! ^^

Unfortunately, your stats will be affected by a cancellation. I’ve experienced this a number of times and contacted CS. Perhaps Fiverr will soon add a “no fault” reason for cancellations for situations like this and not continue to penalize sellers.

2 Likes

If it is not your fault, just attach a screenshot of your conversations and explain in detail to the CS about the situation. They will help you so that it doesn’t affect your cancellation rate.

I did the same and it didn’t lower my cancellation rate.

2 Likes

Perhaps CS varies their responses. My experience is that I’m penalized for any cancellation – a client ordered by mistake twice, another ordered something I don’t provide, another changed their mind…

From CS:
"We totally understand your concern, but in a realistic marketplace some cancellations cannot be avoided, and this case is one of them. Unfortunately, at the moment all cancellations count towards your rate and cannot be excluded.

Even though the cancelation cannot be removed I took the liberty to send your comments to our Developers Team for future improvements."

That’s sad. I wonder why they responded like that. But still, one can try and hope.

Contact the help team BEFORE you cancel. This was the advice I received last time someone “accidentally” ordered my gig. I’m not sure they’ll take your side in every case, but it’s worth having them review the order just in case.

2 Likes

Well you should definitely contact CS before proceeding for cancellation, as in one of my cases, buyer came with a reason that " he is getting a better price somewhere else, so he wants to cancel"
I contacted CS with Screenshots, they got it cancelled for me without affecting my “Completion rate”.

So sorry to hear that. Make sure your description is really clear about what you offer so you will avoid this again in the future. If there is no way you can provide what the buyer wants then unfortunately i think you must cancel the order. I wish you all the best luck

Maria S.

Hearing that CS is so inconsistent is very troubling.

In the past, I have contacted CS, explaining situations BEFORE going through cancellations as well as contacting them after. I’ll definitely be making screenshots of these forum posts for possible use in my future conversations with CS.

Thank you to those here on the forum who have shared their experiences.

2 Likes

Before you cancel the order contact the help team. That way it wont affect your rating

CS was very helpful actually. This happened 2 times and they dealt with it accordingly.

I have had a bitter experience and lost my Top Rated status because of the buyers who don’t read attentively not even the gig title (for not talking about the gig description which contains all the guidlines and my explicit requirement: “Contact me prior to place the order”)
First of all I quote here two statements from Terms of Service, I’m going later to referr to :

1. “Top Rated eligibility is constantly evaluated by Fiverr (…) Top Rated Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, INCREASED CANCELLATION RATE (…) also risk losing their Top Rated status and the benefits that come with it.”
  2. “Using the Deliver Work button may not be abused by Sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the Seller’s rating and result in a warning to Seller.”

Once, what a bad luck, I’ve got three misplaced orders in a row because of the buyers’ fault aforementioned.
At that time my cancellation rate was already at 91% (90% is the limit for keeping the current seller status, as you know), and I had an idea for avoiding the cancellations - which it proved to be the worse one: DON’T DO LIKE ME!
I wrote a message in the delivery box explaining to the buyer why he’s requirement isn’t doable (the description contains all those information, but he failed to read it !)
I also explained that I have to maintain a low cancellation rate (as per the first statement from TOS mentioned above) and I made a proposal for avoiding he to affect my seller status, just because he didn’t follow my gig instruction prior to place the order.
And this was my proposal asking for the buyer agreement:
He to mark the order as completed, even if I don’t deliver anything, and in return he would get as credit from me the money he has paid for the order. So that whenever he will need anything else of what I offer by my gigs he simple just needs to contact me and we can fix the balance then.
I quoted for the buyer from TOS again: “Fiverr does not automatically refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are returned to the Buyer’s Fiverr Balance and are available for future purchases on Fiverr.” - according to it, anyway if he chose to cancel he would be able to use the funds for other purchase on Fiverr only (he wouldn’t get the money in his pocket), so that I thought my proposal would be mutually beneficial.
And now it came out the disaster for my seller status; after two Fiverr warnings received one by one, I was demoted from Top Rated status because I had broken the rule specified in the second passage above mentioned.

Obviously I’ve complained about that situation to the Customers Support, I’ve received a nice politely response saying even if they definitely feel for me, they can not do anything at the moment (" You really really are a great Seller who is highly appreciated and has a great record with us, I have 100% confidence that you will get your TRS rating back before you know it!")

Three months later… no follow up.

It’s simple. Ask the buyer to cancel the order and select the option that states the order was placed by mistake. This should not affect your rating but would show up on your profile as a canceled order.

There isn’t any option " order placed by mistake"

1 Like

what kind of services did he ask for?

That’s on your resolution centre. She said to ask the buyer to cancel and select that option - it should show on their resolution centre options I think.

you have the option of “other” where you can define your cause I think!