Fiverr Forum

Buyer place order by Mistake and Cancelled. Will it harm my Cancellation rate if I approve cancellation?

A buyer placed an order by Mistake and Cancelled. Will it harm my Cancellation rate if I approve cancellation?

2 Likes

In short, yes.

Your best bet is to ignore the cancellation request and send a message to Customer Support, asking them to cancel it for you. It’s not guaranteed, but we’ve had to do this a few times in the past 6 months or so, and CS cancellations generally haven’t impacted our cancellation rate.

Good luck.

6 Likes

Thank you for your help. :slight_smile:

This is a educative information… Thanks… @cubittaudio

2 Likes

@get_top_rank I actually had a buyer accidentally purchase the same gig twice meaning to purchase only one time. What I did was contact CS and they resolved the problem for me without bringing down my stats. Hope it works out!

1 Like

I suggest you to contact customer support before accepting the cancellation. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you all for your help. I contacted CS and they cancelled the order from their side. It did not affect my sales. Thanks again.

3 Likes

If YOU cancel or ask CS to cancel, it will go against your cancellation rate.
It might not affect your sales, but if you happen to be level 1 or 2, cancellation rate matters a lot.
So if you get a customer who didn’t read the description of your gig or decided they didn’t want to go through with the order, then as always, the seller is the one who takes the hit.
Fiverr doesn’t care at all about sellers. They used to, years ago, until they got bought out. When that happened they started treating sellers like slaves.

Surely, just yesterday got 2 cancellation (one after the delivery… ) and the stats are going down!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.