Buyer placed order and asked for cancellation without receiving work

leenagig

Today a buyer placed order. And soon after placing order, he said i want to cancel the order. I placed it by mistake.

I mean, how can someone place a order by mistake ?

And now he is asking me for cancellation. What should one do in such a case? Will it result in negative effects on sales? I think its surely going to increase the cancellation ratio. What should a seller do in such a case?

Report the “mistake” order to Customer support. There are buyers going around doing this on purpose. If it was a genuine mistake, nothing will happen to the buyer. If Fiverr find they have done it more than once, they will take appropriate action on the buyers account.

No sellers will be harmed if there is a loss of level due to these issues. Always let Fiverr know if you see something suspicious with an order 🙂

It is possible to order by mistake. I’ve done it in the past but I contacted the seller with an apology. There are a lot of “new” buyers doing this at the moment though. I would suggest not complaining about the cancellation but ask them to check the buyer because something seems fishy. I do that when a message like that brings up red flags and Fiverr CS have looked into them. A few of the accounts have been closed.

That’s right, if your Gig’s description is clear enough it shouldn’t happen very often. If it does re-check your description from a buyer’s point of view (better, ask someone to do that for you and comment). You can also contact those that are asking for cancellation and ask them why they have done so. From there, you can decide whether to adjust your description, or if you feel there is a plot going on, to contact CS, they might already have complains on them. /🙂

Archived