Buyer Placed two orders instead of one mistakenly

mabdullahsial

Hello there,
I hope you are all having a good time.
Recently, I met a buyer. He had some requirements and I said I will do that. The deal is done!
When he placed the order on the gig. He mistakenly placed two instead of one. When I asked him, he said that he switched from mobile phone to laptop that might cause this problem. I cannot cancel as it will affect my order completion rate badly.
What could be the best possible solution in this situation?
Thanks

Hello. You could tell support that a buyer ordered the same thing twice because of technical difficulties and ask them to cancel one of the orders without affecting your rating (tell them the order # of the order you want them to cancel, the more precise you are, the better, to avoid back and forth);
and you’d also need to tell the buyer that you contacted support to cancel and refund them then, so they won’t worry, especially now that support can take a while to react.

If you want to present an immediate solution to your customer, you’ll have to cancel on your own and take the hit for your rating (you can try asking support then to retroactively make it not count for your rating, or at least they might tell you to contact them again in case it would decide over gaining or losing a level at the next evaluation).

Hello. You could tell support that a buyer ordered the same thing twice because of technical difficulties and ask them to cancel one of the orders without affecting your rating (tell them the order # of the order you want them to cancel, the more precise you are, the better, to avoid back and forth);

and you’d also need to tell the buyer that you contacted support to cancel and refund them then, so they won’t worry, especially now that support can take a while to react.

If you want to present an immediate solution to your customer, you’ll have to cancel on your own and take the hit for your rating (you can try asking support then to retroactively make it not count for your rating, or at least they might tell you to contact them again in case it would decide over gaining or losing a level at the next evaluation).

Yeah I have contacted CS and explain the matter. Let’s see what they come up with.

Thanks for your answer!

Yeah I have contacted CS and explain the matter. Let’s see what they come up with.

Thanks for your answer!

Good luck! Please keep us updated on the outcome. Something like this could easily happen to anyone and it would be great to know what to do in the future about it!

Here is the Update!
Customer Support cancelled the order, despite they said that this might reflect in my stats. But it has not affected my completion rate yet. So I think everything went smooth. The buyer got his refund and consequences did not hit my stats.
Thanks to everyone who hopped in for help and suggestions.
Thanks & Regards

Archived