Buyer places order for something that's not in the gig

lydgatetech

I’m at a bit of a loss here. I have a gig for technical writing work. I very clearly describe what I do in the gig: I write instructions for using software and other products.

I received an order this morning, and after getting into the work, I’m realizing that it’s not a writing job. The guy wants me to design a form for his business. I’ve never created a form. I mean, I’ll do the best I can with it, but it’s not going to look as good as it would if an actual form designer did the work.

What do you all do when you get an order that’s not for the service you’re offering?

Just cancelling. Even though it will affect the rating I don’t see other way. And of course every time we contact fiverr support about order placed for the services we don’t provide, their response always the same: “we understand that unfortunately some cancellations are inevitable at the moment but it will still affect your order completition rate”

You can tell your buyer that mistakenly you ordered the wrong service. I do not provide this service. My expertise in (fill yourself).
NOTE: It will affect your rating and account, because the order will be cancelled. You can add in your gig description, to contact you first before placing the order. Maybe that will help.

Just cancelling. Even though it will affect the rating I don’t see other way. And of course every time we contact fiverr support about order placed for the services we don’t provide, their response always the same: “we understand that unfortunately some cancellations are inevitable at the moment but it will still affect your order completition rate”

I have sent the guy a message telling him that his gig requirements don’t match up with my gig (or my skill set), and that there are professional form designers on Fiverr who could do a better job for a lower cost. I offered to give it a shot, but I look at what the “real” form designers on Fiverr are doing and I couldn’t create anything that looks that good. We’ll see what he comes back with.

I think I’m going to pull my writing gig from Fiverr and stick to editing and proofreading here, where the parameters are more clearly defined. My completion rate is already low because my second buyer placed an order for a document when he really wanted a consultation and then disappeared, leaving me with nothing to deliver. And yes, I do have a statement in my gig saying that buyers should contact me before ordering if they have questions.

Sigh. Thanks, all.

• 1 year later...

same happened with me today that the order placed which is not as per the gig description or gig service i provides but i already do mentioned in the gig description that- do inbox before placing an order. but unforfunately buyer placed order without seeing the gig description and service provided by gig.

what i should do please tell? i need urgent reply regarding this as only 12 hours left to deliver the order. also i was busy in another work thats why i couldn’t see the order placed at that time.

Archived