Buyer rejecting order for BS reason

finalstep

Long story short I sold an email list. All my gig states is that it’s targeted contacts with emails, phones, addresses, and business category. The buyer for whatever reason assumed it was a consumer list when it’s actually a business list and rejected the order.

What do you do in this case? I’d rather part ways with $4 than get bad feedback, but ideally I would like to not get bad feedback and keep the money since I already gave him the product and I didn’t misrepresent it at all in my description.

Thoughts?

Hi finalstep, was it not possible to do a mutual cancellation of the order ( I am assuming now that you are aware you can do this, at least at the order stage anyway)? I often anticipate deliveries of the nature you have described will inevitably occur at some time or another. When (as you say) buyers clearly do not read the description (& almost all of them never bother [out of laziness] to read anything much written at all), it is definitely an injustice to be penalized for someone else’s carefree lazy ignorance.

That is what I constantly say is actually so wrong about Fiverr with its total reliance on automation. It takes away the entire concept about humanity & a real person judging situations like this would free us all from these potentially damaging injustices. It is so wrong that we are literally working in some environment that dictates to us about customer care & all the rights/wrongs of delivering a great service, yet that very system itself bases all its own decisions via some emotionless, cold calculating computer. These disputes should be dealt with by humans & that in my opinion is the bottom line here. It is rather like being sandwiched between 2 lazy entities that operate on the principle of “Do as I say but not what I do” kind of attitude don’t you think?

Hi finalstep, was it not possible to do a mutual cancellation of the order ( I am assuming now that you are aware you can do this, at least at the order stage anyway)? I often anticipate deliveries of the nature you have described will inevitably occur at some time or another. When (as you say) buyers clearly do not read the description (& almost all of them never bother [out of laziness] to read anything much written at all), it is definitely an injustice to be penalized for someone else’s carefree lazy ignorance.

That is what I constantly say is actually so wrong about Fiverr with its total reliance on automation. It takes away the entire concept about humanity & a real person judging situations like this would free us all from these potentially damaging injustices. It is so wrong that we are literally working in some environment that dictates to us about customer care & all the rights/wrongs of delivering a great service, yet that very system itself bases all its own decisions via some emotionless, cold calculating computer. These disputes should be dealt with by humans & that in my opinion is the bottom line here. It is rather like being sandwiched between 2 lazy entities that operate on the principle of “Do as I say but not what I do” kind of attitude don’t you think?

Archived