Buyer request affecting response rate and time?

Hi there

I have been using Fiverr for a couple months as a seller for my copywriting gigs and was maintaining great response rates, response times and ratings.

I then had some graphic design work that I needed to be completed so I contacted a few sellers directly as well as posting a Buyers Request (just to reiterate, this was legitimately for graphic design work that I needed to be completed, I was not misusing the Buyers Request function to promote my own services).

As I was happy with one of the sellers that I had contacted directly, I deleted the buyers request without responding to anyone who had put in a bid for the work.

I have now found that my response rate has plummeted from 100% to 50% and response time from 1 hr to 1 day! Every day they seem to drop lower and lower. I have no messages in my inbox that were not responded to within a few hours and no unread messages.

The only thing I can think that has happened is it has recorded all the responses from the buyer’s request as unanswered messages, even though the request was deleted. I can’t go back in to respond to these messages as it is no longer there.

Any suggestions of what I can do?

Thanks in advance!

Karly

As I think you have to contact customer service support regarding this issue. they can help you.

The seller don’t allow to post buyer requests.its against Fiverr TOC please first of all avoid this thing.

Read the post again. OP is a seller and buyer.

But the buyer request I posted was a legitimate request for some graphic design work I needed for one of my businesses - it was completely separate not at all promoting the (writing) services I offer as a seller. Surely sellers can also purchase gigs on Fiverr?

Nah, it is allowed. They just didn’t understand your post thoroughly.

Yeah, I’ve read stories of how some sellers response rates have plummeted to something crazy like between a day to almost a week. I never trusted that only the first response count thing.

I’m lucky in the aspect as a buyer, I always let the seller have the last word. I don’t care how my response rate looks — it won’t affect me as much.

I recommend you do as others have said and contact customer support. Let them know exactly what you said here. It could very well be a nasty bug. Regardless of what it is, they should be able to reset your response rate.

Thanks. I have contacted customer service. I was hoping someone might have a quick tip here to fix the problem! Thanks for your responses.