Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer Request DENIED! Why?

I’m looking for someone to translate a rhyme from English to Catalan.
This is what Fiverr said…

"Unfortunately, your Gig request “I am looking to have a rhyme…” did not pass our review due to one (or more) of the following reasons:

It was misleading/unclear
It contains contact information (i.e. Skype, email, phone #), or your site/social media url
It contains payment information
It contains a request for services that are not allowed on Fiverr (i.e. Bitcoin services, paid Wordpress themes, licensed software, etc.)
You submitted your request to multiple categories. You should select the most suitable category and subcategory, and then submit only one request

Repeating these violations can result in your account being restricted.

Ok, so what did this Buyer Request look like?

“I am looking to have a rhyme translated FROM ENGLISH TO CATALAN.
Rhyme is under 400 words and needs to be translated perfectly by a native Catalan speaker who knows the grammar rules of Pompeu Fabra.
Delivery Time - 2 days
Budget - $5
From English To Catalan”

What’s wrong with that?

Which rules am I breaking?

Try to rewrite the request to something like this:

I need translation services from English to Catalan. This is for a less than 400 word rhyme. Native Catalan speakers only. Further details of requirement will be sent to the chosen candidate.

You may wish to send the part about Pompeu after receiving some responses to your request.

2 Likes

Hi, that must be pretty annoying really, the post I link below might help you, look at the post by @gina_riley2 and the reply of the OP to it.

It seems that wording indeed is very important, so ‘I need’, ‘I want’ might be the answer. And yes, that kind of sucks, for us sellers who see posts of buyers who can´t post their requests we might be able to do, as well.

1 Like

But why would that matter?
I’m only asking for future reference to make it easier when making new Buyer Requests.
I didn’t think being specific would generate a warning.

There is a problem with sellers posting in Buyer Request, thus making it really cumbersome for other sellers to filter those ‘requests’ out, maybe “I am looking to have” sounds like a seller trying to post a Buyer Request to the program that does the filtering.

1 Like

Fiverr receives a ton of spam on Buyer’s Requests, including sellers posting to sell their services there.

So an automatic word filter is used to track those and filter them out.

That’s why specific usage of words would probably get your BR approved.

We are not official Fiverr Support, so this is the extent to which we can answer your question.

Feel free to peruse other forum topics if this answer is insufficient.

Good Luck. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Thanks, I checked the previous topics and you’re right, I should start with “I need” etc :kissing:

https://forum.fiverr.com/t/why-were-these-gigs-rejected/102940

1 Like