Buyer request for discount offer

dilipkumarpaul

Say ‘no’.

For those of you who do not know me or those of you lurking the threads without logging on; take it from a buyer - know how to say “NO!” If you spend any time reading these forums, you’ll find plenty of posts where a seller, typically new - but not always, say they were scammed or the buyer is holding them hostage. They are literally begging forum members, to help them with a really bad scam artist, who is threatening them with bad reviews or giving them a sob story to get things for free. Rem…
I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

HI Dilipkumar,
As you are new on Fiverr. You are cordially welcome on this platform and on this forum.
You are saying you are charging more than your gig price, and the buyer is asking for a discount. I would suggest you to give him discounts. You will not be at disadvantage at all because by giving discounts your rates will come at original price of your gig.
Being new, focus to build long term relations with your clients.

Thanks.
Naheedmir

More work needs to be done asking for a discount. And in the order, he will ask for something else to be done additionally, or he will put a “bad review and rating”. Because many of these buyers are looking for new sellers, especially for this. Does the buyer have reviews from other sellers? - look at them.

HI Dilipkumar,

As you are new on Fiverr. You are cordially welcome on this platform and on this forum.

You are saying you are charging more than your gig price, and the buyer is asking for a discount. I would suggest you to give him discounts. You will not be at disadvantage at all because by giving discounts your rates will come at original price of your gig.

Thanks.

Naheedmir

You haven’t read correctly. The buyer would rather want a discount than extra work for free, or wants extra work for free according to what he wrote.

HI Dilipkumar,

Thanks.

Naheedmir

Hey, Naheedmir.

I am not charging him more, I am giving him more values (quantity) for a less price and in that too he is asking for discount.

Archived