Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer Request Refund

Buyer asking for a refund while I have done half work completed, what should I do know?
Will cancel order effect my ratings? expert suggestions needed.

1 Like

Why are they asking for a refund?

Is the order still in progress? (you haven’t delivered the finished work yet?)

1 Like

yes, order is still in progress but half work is completed. I don’t know what’s the reason. but buyer reply that they will work with me on some other project but this project they want refund.
What should i do now?

1 Like

If you cancel it it will affect your stats which could (I assume) also affect your placement in the search engine). Depending on the number of cancellations it could affect your level.

You could ask why he wants to cancel.

1 Like

well, what is the best solution then? i didn’t want any bad effect on my stats.

Complete and deliver the work as originally requested.

The buyer is not entitled to a refund, even if they’re unhappy with the finished product. They are entitled to leave you a negative review, which you could of course pre-empt by leaving feedback that explains that they tried to cancel while the order was in progress.

Once the order is delivered, they would have to approach Customer Service for a refund.

Have you given them anything so far? Have you sent them any work, even if not complete?

1 Like

I think it only affects your rating when you delayed the work completion.
If you violate dateline, you should state clear and kind reasons as soon as possible, and say sorry. Let customer self-decide it for their best convenience.
If customer does it, you can forgive to show your special and impressive kindness. Or the half work is very hugh, hard, then just apply fiverr rules for fair. That is my thought.

1 Like

It’s up to you. Since you are unlevelled you won’t be at risk of dropping a level (though it will make it more difficult to advance to level 1). You could ask why he wants to cancel like I suggested. If you deliver but he wanted to cancel you may risk a bad review and you’ve only 1 review showing currently and that could make it difficult to get new orders (if the buyer left a bad review). You could ask CS to cancel it and ask if they could cancel it without affecting your stats if possible (eg. if the buyer ordered by mistake etc.).

With very few reviews a cancellation is better than a bad review, especially since the cancellation won’t put you at risk of dropping a level currently.

1 Like