Buyer Requested Modification after marking the Order as Complete!

rahulgraphics

Hi Doers,

This is one of the strangest experience I have faced recently on this platform since my journey.
One of the buyer has first marked the order as complete and then requested modification after receiving the non-watermarked files. How in the world it’s even possible?

1. First, mark the order as complete and download the non-watermark files.
  2. And then, request a modification to an order that is already marked as COMPLETED.

WOW !! :thinking: (see attached image)

Strange-Experience.thumb.jpg.a101130641168f36e4f34a1d879b5697.jpg

It can happen. I have had several experiences like this, most of the time they want to recolor the work.

I even had a buyer contacting me after 12 days later for modification. Apparently they broke their hand and couldn’t log in to fiverr. I contacted CS about it since I didn’t have the hard copy of the work anymore. They told me I will have to do the revisions I have offered or they have the privilege to cancel the order. That means even if a buyer comes after 1 year for revisions that they haven’t used, you will have to do that.

It can happen. I have had several experiences like this, most of the time they want to recolor the work.

I even had a buyer contacting me after 12 days later for modification. Apparently they broke their hand and couldn’t log in to fiverr. I contacted CS about it since I didn’t have the hard copy of the work anymore. They told me I will have to do the revisions I have offered or they have the privilege to cancel the order. That means even if a buyer comes after 1 year for revisions that they haven’t used, you will have to do that.

I even had a buyer contacting me after 12 days later for modification.

Was that an official modification? because in my case, it was an official modification request (if you have seen the image that I have attached).

That means even if a buyer comes after 1 year for revisions that they haven’t used, you will have to do that.

No, you don’t have to work for buyer on that order after the buyer marked the order as complete and left a review.

I even had a buyer contacting me after 12 days later for modification.

Was that an official modification? because in my case, it was an official modification request (if you have seen the image that I have attached).

That means even if a buyer comes after 1 year for revisions that they haven’t used, you will have to do that.

No, you don’t have to work for buyer on that order after the buyer marked the order as complete and left a review.

If you offer revision even if the buyer marked the order as completed you will have to do the number of revisions you have offered if the buyer ask you to. That’s what CS told me. There are many topics on forum about it too.

This might be a bug, the buyer usually ask in the inbox if they want further modification.

I’m curious, did they actually say “that means … even after a year” or is this your interpretation?

I don’t think I’ve had people ask for revisions using the “official button” after order completion, which is good, I have a bug where people without active orders can message me while in out of office mode, that’s troublesome enough.

Was that long after order completion, or just a day? Sometimes order completion or clearance seems to lag a bit. Maybe the order completion status hadn’t “properly registered” yet? Else it could be a good old bug, of course, or the customer might have gone to support and they overrode that manually for them perhaps.

I’m curious, did they actually say “that means … even after a year” or is this your interpretation?

I don’t think I’ve had people ask for revisions using the “official button” after order completion, which is good, I have a bug where people without active orders can message me while in out of office mode, that’s troublesome enough.

Was that long after order completion, or just a day? Sometimes order completion or clearance seems to lag a bit. Maybe the order completion status hadn’t “properly registered” yet? Else it could be a good old bug, of course, or the customer might have gone to support and they overrode that manually for them perhaps.

I’m curious,

I once had a buyer contact me 2 MONTHS! after delivering the order saying they needed some kinda revision done. The original offer was a custom one with 3 free revisions included. The buyer was obviously trying to swindle me because the reasons they gave (for the need to revise) just made no sense (to me or to CS).

However, even though it was already 2 months since the order was marked as complete (FYI, the customer had also rated the order 5 stars like 6-7 days after delivering the order), CS asked me to revise the order to the buyer’s satisfaction (which was nay impossible) and re-deliver the revised files.

At that point in time, I was oblivious of the fact that buyers cannot request for an official revision after marking the order as complete. So, since CS asked me to revise the files, I asked the buyer to place an official request for revision, and I told them that I’d do my best to (hopefully) revise the files to their satisfaction.

The buyer said, “Okay. Please work on the revision and send the revised files to me ASAP.”

However, since I didn’t know it was impossible for buyers to place an actual revision request after marking the order complete, I waited for 2 weeks for the buyer to place an official revision request! I never heard back from the buyer.

However, I was afraid that the buyer could use the need for revision as an excuse to get a refund on the order.

So, I contacted CS and said, “Look, I’ve been waiting for 2 weeks now for the buyer (who has contacted me 2 months after marking the order complete and giving me a 5-star review) to place an official request for revision. However, they haven’t done so yet. Therefore, I am NOT going to work on their revision request. I’ve already proven to you that the buyer’s request for a revision is not legitimate and it’s probably an attempt to swindle me of my hard-earned money. I’d appreciate it if you could assist me in case the buyer ends up requesting for a refund.”

The CS replied, “No worries. I see that the buyer hasn’t responded yet. So, you don’t have to work on the revision. We will definitely be on your side and assist you in case the buyer asks for a refund.”

So, from my experience, I understand that CS might ask you to work on a revision even if the buyer is coming back after 1 year. However, you could just say, “Hey, the buyer hasn’t yet placed an official request for a revision. Therefore, I don’t feel obliged to work on their revision until they officially place a request.” At least, that worked out for me. 😉

I have a bug where people without active orders can message me while in out of office mode, that’s troublesome enough.

Is it still not fixed??

I don’t see a problem with that. I have a lot of clients who marking orders complete because they are too excited and after a couple of days asking me to change minor things that they noticed.

And I don’t have a problem with that as long as we still had official revisions left in our order. And that’s the promise I have to my client when they purchased my gig so why would I deny their right to use it even if the order already complete?

Of course if we don’t have revisions left in our official order then I’ll just send them a custom offer with an extra amount for an additional revision.

I’m curious,

I once had a buyer contact me 2 MONTHS! after delivering the order saying they needed some kinda revision done. The original offer was a custom one with 3 free revisions included. The buyer was obviously trying to swindle me because the reasons they gave (for the need to revise) just made no sense (to me or to CS).

However, even though it was already 2 months since the order was marked as complete (FYI, the customer had also rated the order 5 stars like 6-7 days after delivering the order), CS asked me to revise the order to the buyer’s satisfaction (which was nay impossible) and re-deliver the revised files.

At that point in time, I was oblivious of the fact that buyers cannot request for an official revision after marking the order as complete. So, since CS asked me to revise the files, I asked the buyer to place an official request for revision, and I told them that I’d do my best to (hopefully) revise the files to their satisfaction.

The buyer said, “Okay. Please work on the revision and send the revised files to me ASAP.”

However, since I didn’t know it was impossible for buyers to place an actual revision request after marking the order complete, I waited for 2 weeks for the buyer to place an official revision request! I never heard back from the buyer.

However, I was afraid that the buyer could use the need for revision as an excuse to get a refund on the order.

So, I contacted CS and said, “Look, I’ve been waiting for 2 weeks now for the buyer (who has contacted me 2 months after marking the order complete and giving me a 5-star review) to place an official request for revision. However, they haven’t done so yet. Therefore, I am NOT going to work on their revision request. I’ve already proven to you that the buyer’s request for a revision is not legitimate and it’s probably an attempt to swindle me of my hard-earned money. I’d appreciate it if you could assist me in case the buyer ends up requesting for a refund.”

The CS replied, “No worries. I see that the buyer hasn’t responded yet. So, you don’t have to work on the revision. We will definitely be on your side and assist you in case the buyer asks for a refund.”

So, from my experience, I understand that CS might ask you to work on a revision even if the buyer is coming back after 1 year. However, you could just say, “Hey, the buyer hasn’t yet placed an official request for a revision. Therefore, I don’t feel obliged to work on their revision until they officially place a request.” At least, that worked out for me. 😉

Wow, what a story. Well, then it’s just as well that I typically don’t include or sell any revisions at all and do them on case by case basis.

Is it still not fixed??

No, support says they shouldn’t be able to but don’t know how/why they can. They did offer something like if it leads to trouble I can contact them, tbf, but you know, even if you turned on ooo to be able to focus on jobs or to be sick in peace or whatever, you’ll be fine faster with it answering than having to contact support if it “leads to trouble”. Pity is only that the fact they can, already is trouble. :shrugs:

I don’t see a problem with that. I have a lot of clients who marking orders complete because they are too excited and after a couple of days asking me to change minor things that they noticed.

And I don’t have a problem with that as long as we still had official revisions left in our order. And that’s the promise I have to my client when they purchased my gig so why would I deny their right to use it even if the order already complete?

Of course if we don’t have revisions left in our official order then I’ll just send them a custom offer with an extra amount for an additional revision.

This is the best solution. Thanks

If you offer revision even if the buyer marked the order as completed you will have to do the number of revisions you have offered if the buyer ask you to. That’s what CS told me. There are many topics on forum about it too.

This might be a bug, the buyer usually ask in the inbox if they want further modification.

If you offer revision even if the buyer marked the order as completed you will have to do the number of revisions you have offered if the buyer ask you to.

No Need for that in my sense. As Fiverr ask buyer to “approve the delivery” and alerts them to the fact that any revisions after this step may be subject to extra costs!

1726980995_extracost.jpg.1368b8fd9322b8b562f4cfcc73cb8e0e.jpg

They didn’t say “even after a year”. I used it as an example/my interpretation. I did a pencil sketch for a client and destroyed the work after 7 days since it was marked as completed and I didn’t have any use of it. It put me a pinch when the buyer contacted me after 12 days and this is what I got from the CS when I asked them if I need to do the revisions.

Capture.JPG.9287a2bc9956ef308cf5736c232c0f46.JPG

Apparently, we need to do the revisions we have offered or buyer can contact CS to cancel the order.

No Need for that in my sense. As Fiverr ask buyer to “approve the delivery” and alerts them to the fact that any revisions after this step may be subject to extra costs!

I will try using this method. It’s quite annoying to work on the order that has been marked as completed.

Archived