Buyer requested modifications after the order is marked as completed

astridabreu

Hello everyone!

I need some help with something

I have years working with a client, and he always uses to request more changes after the order is marked as completed, I didn’t bother to work on changes because I was new at the time and needed the review (you know how hard it is to begin here)

he stop ordering for a year, but recently he placed a new order, I let him know that now every modification must be requested while the order is still active, and he simply ignore my message

I did the design and deliver, he messaged me two days after but to tell me about a new order instructions, ignoring completely my message to revise the design so he can request modifications before the order is marked as completed automatically

72 hours later, the order is marked as completed automatically by Fiverr, and after that, he messaged me with modifications (literally he waited until the order completion to request changes) and now, I don’t know what to do, I don’t feel comfortable delivering modifications after the order is marked as completed, because it is like delivering two designs for the price of one, and it is not fair

I really would like to hear from you guys, have you had any similar experience? what would you advise me to do?

Stick to what you told him. If he wanted a revision, he should have asked for it while the order was active. If he needs something changed, he can make a new order and pay for the revision.

Edit: I am not 100% sure on Fiverr’s rules about revisions after an order is marked complete, so I would double check their rules before doing anything.

Hello everyone!

I need some help with something

I have years working with a client, and he always uses to request more changes after the order is marked as completed, I didn’t bother to work on changes because I was new at the time and needed the review (you know how hard it is to begin here)

he stop ordering for a year, but recently he placed a new order, I let him know that now every modification must be requested while the order is still active, and he simply ignore my message

I did the design and deliver, he messaged me two days after but to tell me about a new order instructions, ignoring completely my message to revise the design so he can request modifications before the order is marked as completed automatically

72 hours later, the order is marked as completed automatically by Fiverr, and after that, he messaged me with modifications (literally he waited until the order completion to request changes) and now, I don’t know what to do, I don’t feel comfortable delivering modifications after the order is marked as completed, because it is like delivering two designs for the price of one, and it is not fair

I really would like to hear from you guys, have you had any similar experience? what would you advise me to do?

he always uses to request more changes after the order is marked as completed

I don’t feel comfortable delivering modifications after the order is marked as completed, because it is like delivering two designs for the price of one, and it is not fair

It comes down to two things: 1) the number of revisions you offer in the gig package the buyer chose; 2) and what do you consider as revisions (that is, if you have a revision policy described in your gig FAQ).

It seems the consensus here on the forum is that, if the buyer asks for revisions and you do offer them, you have to provide the requested revision even if the order was marked as completed.

what would you advise me to do?

If I were you, I would add a revision policy ASAP to your gig(s) FAQ and even in your order requirements if you’d like. This will help you in future situations.

he always uses to request more changes after the order is marked as completed

I don’t feel comfortable delivering modifications after the order is marked as completed, because it is like delivering two designs for the price of one, and it is not fair

It comes down to two things: 1) the number of revisions you offer in the gig package the buyer chose; 2) and what do you consider as revisions (that is, if you have a revision policy described in your gig FAQ).

It seems the consensus here on the forum is that, if the buyer asks for revisions and you do offer them, you have to provide the requested revision even if the order was marked as completed.

what would you advise me to do?

If I were you, I would add a revision policy ASAP to your gig(s) FAQ and even in your order requirements if you’d like. This will help you in future situations.

I do have a revision policy, it specifically says “Modifications can only be requested while the order is still active, if you need any modification after the order is marked as completed, I am afraid it will have extra cost, so in order to avoid these extra charges please revise the design carefully”

as I know not everyone reads the gig’s description or the FAQ, I let them know the policies when they contact me or when I deliver and still, I have this problem with this client

Stick to what you told him. If he wanted a revision, he should have asked for it while the order was active. If he needs something changed, he can make a new order and pay for the revision.

Edit: I am not 100% sure on Fiverr’s rules about revisions after an order is marked complete, so I would double check their rules before doing anything.

I checked about the rules but I couldn’t find anything related to modifications after the order is marked as completed

I do have a revision policy, it specifically says “Modifications can only be requested while the order is still active, if you need any modification after the order is marked as completed, I am afraid it will have extra cost, so in order to avoid these extra charges please revise the design carefully”

as I know not everyone reads the gig’s description or the FAQ, I let them know the policies when they contact me or when I deliver and still, I have this problem with this client

I do have a revision policy

Well, then that’s your answer. Point that out to your buyer (you can even send him screenshots of it) and ask if he’d like you to send an offer for the modifications he’s requesting. Try being polite, but straight to the point.

I do have a revision policy

Well, then that’s your answer. Point that out to your buyer (you can even send him screenshots of it) and ask if he’d like you to send an offer for the modifications he’s requesting. Try being polite, but straight to the point.

I’ll try, thank you so much for your advise

Archived