Buyer Requests - Buyer Name hidden [ARCHIVED]

congruentgraph

Hi fellow sellers,

Recently I have noticed that the buyer requests sections has some new improvements.
One of them is that ow the buyer’s name is hidden.

The problem I have now is the fallowing: I send out an offer to a request with a message. Two days later that buyer replies to my message but I have no idea who he/she is, what I told him, what offer (value) I’ve sent him and so on.

Before I used to just search trough the “offers send” section and see all the details.

Can you bring back this feature of as hiding the user’s name does not bring any privacy to the buyer as us sellers.

** As an example today I got a message from a user I never had conversed with before who is asking me to develop on the idea I presented to him. As he could be anyone of the 604 custom offers I’ve sent there is no way of knowing. This makes me look 100% unprofessional now that I seem like I don’t know what I’m talking about. **

**Another example is that recently I had a customer accept a custom offer that was 1 month old. When accepting these offers, buyers do not need to go trough the gig questions I have set up and they assume I know all the details from the requests. The problem is that I don’t know which request the order is in reference to. **

What do you guys think?

I already and encourage you guys to do the same in the hopes that we might get this feature back!

Thank you,
Stefan

Ran into similar problem a day ago. Only thing that helped me was the image which was just a ‘J’ but there were two with the same letter. Fortunately I made a note of the offers sent and was able to determine who they were.

This is time consuming, the writing stuff down bit, but it would be simpler if the names were visible again.

I can only hope they will bring it back too.

In my experience, I can’t remember a time where a website made an update and the reverted back to the old version.

What I’m sure though is that if enough people complain they might take it into consideration so if you have 5 minutes just send support a ticket.

topaz_muse, you are 100% right! but what if the buyer responds to a 10 day old offer? time in which you’ve sent 7 offers to “J”.

What confuses me 100% is that this is not protecting the privacy of the buyers as even before you where not allowed to message them if they did not message you first.

• 2 weeks later...

I would imagine the buyer’s username has been hidden because they may have received a lot of spam outside of the offers (so seller’s don’t hit their daily limit).

My suggestion would be to keep the buyer’s username hidden but if they send you a message as an extension of your offer, have the offer show in that message, a bit like gig’s do now (on the right):

http://puu.sh/mKD08/80f17fef57.png

The thing I find challenging is that after I send out an offer there is no way for me to trace it back to a specific username.

I respect the privacy of buyers but as far as I know outside of the 10 daily offers there is no way for a seller to contact a new buyer even if they know their username.

They way the system is setup, allowing interactions between buyers and seller to be based on an initial response or engagement of a buyer is perfect.

To recap, the thing that I would love to see in a next update is the ability to see the username of all the people I’ve ordered in the past.

Okay I haven’t use buyer request as a buyer recently, so now if a seller respond to a buyer request, it’s like a custom offer and the buyer can just click accept to start the order?

So if the request is something like "I want to make a website " and a seller respond with “please look at my gig” with a $5, it’ll be a $5 custom offer?

@kjblynx It doesn’t matter. to hide the username. When you clicked on the “Send offer” button it will show the buyer name. And anyone can type “fiverr.com/[buyer-name]” and they can inbox you even your name is not visible in buyer request page.

Now think from the seller point of view. This is a big problem. As they have hide the username and date both. Now if I am bidding on any request then I don’t know the request is from which date. And the same problems occurs for all sellers here as described by @congruentgraph.

FIVERR NEEDS TO REVERT THIS UPDATE. THIS IS TOTALLY UNNECESSARY UPDATE.

If they need to make buyer’s privacy than hiding their name is not a solution. They might think something better which works for both buyers and sellers. But not this one at all.

• 2 months later...

This is a good thing actually, because it helps the buyers to increase the trust at fiverr and this means more work to us. Obviously it might be a problem not seeing the buyer details if you are sending inconsistent offers, but this doesn’t have to be a problem if you treat all the buyers in the same way.
Just remember to offer your best price at your offer and prepare the buyer that he/she has to give you more details in private.

Everything happens for a good reason here. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had this dilemma, but instead of trying to look up the buyer, back track my gig offers and such I simply explain the issue to my buyer, apologize for not knowing what they are responding to, and ask them to paste my message into the conversation. Most are perfectly understanding and any that aren’t I figure I don’t want to work for anyway as my gigs take time and a fair bit of back and forth.

• 1 month later...

Archived