Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer requests conspiracy

I was thinking the same thing, so I’m not saying OP has 2 accounts.
However, if I was a buyer I would skip this gig. There are just too many red flags.

2 Likes

I think buyer request is abused by spammers so you have to search thru a lot of trash to find real buyers interested to find services anyway I found few great buyers by sending requests.

And what about these sellers who post request advertising themselves! Does that even work cause they are so persistent.

I don’t think that’s the case. First of all, you’re not the only one bidding. One buyers requests can get 1 to 100 bids. Secondly, buyers requests is the least important part of the Fiverr platform. Fiverr was not designed as a bidding platform, but as a search platform. Only 5% of my sales are from custom offers, and most of those are responses to those buyers that vex me by messaging.

1 Like

The buyer requests section never really works for me while I was in level one, I hated it so much I thought same thing as you but the sales this month is so low I had to go back there and surprisingly I got over 4 orders.

You just have to be patient man…It’s all going to work out!

2 Likes

That’s nice! So did you like do some changes on how you write the bids so as to be successful or you did the same as earlier time on that you got lucky this time round?

1 Like

Of course I changed the way I write my bid and I make them targeted at what the buyer posted and a little bit of my self :smiley:

2 Likes

What does that even mean? Because I have read most of the tips in this forum and other sites about writing proposals and effective bids but for Fiverr it never seems to work for me. I have gotten only one order my whole life from buyer requests and it wasn’t such a good experience. I have resorted to other means which work better. However I am still both vexed and concerned to know why buyer requests have such ridiculous outcome.

1 Like

Thats the technique man
Writing buyer request is another skill

1 Like

Well, I´ve had someone (was a seller too) contact me, as a buyer, to do ‘their job’ (pretty double entendre, isn´t it :wink: ), only I had seen the actual buyer (as in end buyer) posting that exact job on BR a day or two before that.

And I´ve seen things looking similar to that. So, while it´s certainly entertaining and a good catch, I´d say it doesn´t prove your theory that it´s Fiverr but that it´s probably a reseller, or that the 1st account they posted it on got taken down, for whatever reason, so they opened a new one and tried again, which again does look as if it´s not a genuine buyer but by no means proves it´s Fiverr. :wink:

@sheltonochieng @miiila Look! Be careful! Some sellers are using BR to collect samples and they are going to use them as their own work!:rage::rage::rage::rage:

aa

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I had sensed that before.

How about these sellers who market themselves and services they offering the buyer request platform, does that really work cause I find it highly unprofessional. I once visited writing category and they were all over, more than buyers requests.

If you want to suspend your account for good, then sure, that definitely work. :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

:fire::rage::rage::rage::rage::fire::fire::fire::fire:

:open_mouth::unamused::sweat::sleeping::sleeping: .

1 Like

Cannot forget those buyers who want to promote their YouTube channels so they post links hoping all the buyers interested in the work they post will click the link to view the videos.

1 Like

I don’t know fiverr post fake buyer requests,
but I share the concern that, generally speaking, there’s something seriously strange with BRs.

1 Like

It is geat. .