Buyer requests conspiracy

sheltonochieng

I am a level two seller. I have done amazingly well over the last three years but I have a confession to make. I believe buyer requests is a sham. I believe there must be some fake post that Fiverr deliberately add just to suggest they have influx of buyers.
I spent a whole month bidding these so called requests, most of which I was the first one to and not even a single person showed interest to contact me. Logically speaking, I get a amazing 80% conversation of every inboxing client into an order. How comes I get an astounding 0% conversion of every bid I place into at least a reply?. Someone must ask this hard question!

That sounds a bit far fetched in my opinion.

Are you forgetting that as soon as you send a proposal, the buyer is then bombarded with another 40 something offers for free samples, $5 and 1-hour delivery from “hungrier” sellers?

You should not compare your closing ability when discussing with a client, with the conversion rate from a cover letter/proposal with no other communication.

Hi there,

I’m pretty new at Fiverr and tried to get my first reviews from those requests.
I have to say that it works ‘ok’. Of course, people get a ton of offers but I think the key here is not to be as fast as possible when one new request is showing up, the key is to read the text, to understand their needs and expectations - then you can write & send an offer which is much more likely to respond!

Matthias

Well, I have posted a request myself and it’s true you are overwhelmed by the replies you get. However I had to pick about six sellers who I replied. I am not in a very busy category such as writing and logo. So my gig category gets about 20 responses on every request posted. But again how far is far fetched when you do over 200 bids in a month and you don’t even get a single response? That’s the most difficult question I fail to get an answer to.

Hi there,

I’m pretty new at Fiverr and tried to get my first reviews from those requests.

I have to say that it works ‘ok’. Of course, people get a ton of offers but I think the key here is not to be as fast as possible when one new request is showing up, the key is to read the text, to understand their needs and expectations - then you can write & send an offer which is much more likely to respond!

Matthias

that’s how i used to do it. every buyer request i respond will have a custom letter coming from me introducing who i am and what i can do for them. unfortunately, 0 bites ever since i joined fiverr. i then tried using templated text as my response, again 0 bites.

all in all, i no longer waste my time with buyer requests 😛

Some hard numbers - I don´t use BR often anymore, but I went through my ‘Sent Offers’ and counted the offers I made a sale with; my ‘BR conversion rate’ is ~23%, and ~85% of those offers led to multiple orders/regular customers.

I don´t think it´s very probable that a) Fiverr ‘higher ups’ would waste their own time on posting fake buyer request or b) Fiverr ‘higher ups’ would pay staff to do that and pray they’d keep quiet about it (think future former staff, too 😉 ) or c) if they do it, you have the constant bad luck of picking exactly those fake BRs. Nice conspiracy theory though, I love those.

I think what Frank said applies, you can´t really compare the conversion rate you achieve from talking to buyers who already have picked your gig to inquire with sending an offer to someone who posted a request.

Well, I guess the most important thing or research I should do is find some of those people who are successful and ask them the secret and educate others on those tips cause to be honest I was shocked and surprised by how bad the conversion rate was.

You only need to use forum search, as lots of those people already posted their ‘secrets’ on how to write successful offers to BRs.

Well, I have posted a request myself and it’s true you are overwhelmed by the replies you get. However I had to pick about six sellers who I replied. I am not in a very busy category such as writing and logo. So my gig category gets about 20 responses on every request posted. But again how far is far fetched when you do over 200 bids in a month and you don’t even get a single response? That’s the most difficult question I fail to get an answer to.

over 200 bids in a month and you don’t even get a single response

We are not mind readers so we can’t say why buyers are not accepting your offers. However, if you post your last offer together with client’s request then we might be able to tell you why your offer is not accepted.

If you haven’t received a single response then most likely something is wrong with your offers and we might be able to help you find the root cause.

Although after I spent about 5 minutes checking your gig I did notice several red flags. One of them was the fact that your regular client offers the same service and even has overlapping portfolio.

image.jpg.12c921411bb72c85aea4e9be4f9dcd57.jpg

Both accounts are created from the same location and almost the same time. If I was looking for a 3D animation I would not hire you because of this. I don’t know if you own both of these accounts, but it doesn’t even matter because as soon as I see 1 red flag I move to a next seller. It’s not like there’s a shortage of animation gigs.

over 200 bids in a month and you don’t even get a single response

We are not mind readers so we can’t say why buyers are not accepting your offers. However, if you post your last offer together with client’s request then we might be able to tell you why your offer is not accepted.

If you haven’t received a single response then most likely something is wrong with your offers and we might be able to help you find the root cause.

Although after I spent about 5 minutes checking your gig I did notice several red flags. One of them was the fact that your regular client offers the same service and even has overlapping portfolio.

Both accounts are created from the same location and almost the same time. If I was looking for a 3D animation I would not hire you because of this. I don’t know if you own both of these accounts, but it doesn’t even matter because as soon as I see 1 red flag I move to a next seller. It’s not like there’s a shortage of animation gigs.

One of them was the fact that your regular client offers the same service and even has overlapping portfolio.

Could it be outsourcing?

One of them was the fact that your regular client offers the same service and even has overlapping portfolio.

Could it be outsourcing?

I was thinking the same thing, so I’m not saying OP has 2 accounts.

However, if I was a buyer I would skip this gig. There are just too many red flags.

I don’t think that’s the case. First of all, you’re not the only one bidding. One buyers requests can get 1 to 100 bids. Secondly, buyers requests is the least important part of the Fiverr platform. Fiverr was not designed as a bidding platform, but as a search platform. Only 5% of my sales are from custom offers, and most of those are responses to those buyers that vex me by messaging.

The buyer requests section never really works for me while I was in level one, I hated it so much I thought same thing as you but the sales this month is so low I had to go back there and surprisingly I got over 4 orders.

You just have to be patient man…It’s all going to work out!

The buyer requests section never really works for me while I was in level one, I hated it so much I thought same thing as you but the sales this month is so low I had to go back there and surprisingly I got over 4 orders.

You just have to be patient man…It’s all going to work out!

That’s nice! So did you like do some changes on how you write the bids so as to be successful or you did the same as earlier time on that you got lucky this time round?

That’s nice! So did you like do some changes on how you write the bids so as to be successful or you did the same as earlier time on that you got lucky this time round?

Of course I changed the way I write my bid and I make them targeted at what the buyer posted and a little bit of my self 😃

Forum Rules + Do’s and Dont’s:grinning:😀

What does that even mean? Because I have read most of the tips in this forum and other sites about writing proposals and effective bids but for Fiverr it never seems to work for me. I have gotten only one order my whole life from buyer requests and it wasn’t such a good experience. I have resorted to other means which work better. However I am still both vexed and concerned to know why buyer requests have such ridiculous outcome.

Well, I´ve had someone (was a seller too) contact me, as a buyer, to do ‘their job’ (pretty double entendre, isn´t it 😉 ), only I had seen the actual buyer (as in end buyer) posting that exact job on BR a day or two before that.

And I´ve seen things looking similar to that. So, while it´s certainly entertaining and a good catch, I´d say it doesn´t prove your theory that it´s Fiverr but that it´s probably a reseller, or that the 1st account they posted it on got taken down, for whatever reason, so they opened a new one and tried again, which again does look as if it´s not a genuine buyer but by no means proves it´s Fiverr. 😉

Archived