Fiverr Forum

Buyer Requests

I am really unhappy and dissatisfied, from the Buyer requests section, mostly users post just random questions and it had nothing to do with sellings and they just advertise their work, Fiver should really take it serious.

I’m sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. You need to keep in mind, though, that it is also a lot of work to police buyer requests. Fiver IS taking it seriously, and they ARE working to clear up the spam. Please be patient and know that Fiverr is aware, and they are taking steps to address your concerns.

Why can’t everyone do what they are supposed to do?

I think that anyone who advertises themselves in buyer requests should receive an immediate lifetime ban. This might sound harsh but people who buy work on other freelancing sites where freelancers have to bid for jobs will come to Fiverr see how pathetic the equivalent buyer requests feature is here and move on.

I know that buyers can’t see it when sellers advertise themselves on buyer requests but because of the sheer amount of junk I see whenever I visit this section I’ve come to completely avoid it and my suspicion is that other serious sellers do to.

Nobody liked my less harsh fining advice. $5 fine for each violation. Bans just mean new accounts will be created. I don’t go to BR because of a) poor quality offers and b) obscured poor quality offers obscured by “please hire me”.

So, fine them $5 and give it to a charity that supports a cause nobody can argue about without looking like a horrible human being.

On another note – I don’t know a lot of people from the UK who can speak Urdu. :smiley:

You’d be surprised, there are large Pakistani and Indian minorities in the bigger cities. According to the BBC, 400,000 speakers (70m total population), most of whom are first or second gen immigrants.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info, Emma. :smiley: