Buyer Requires To Pay Me Outside Of Fiverr For Testing Reasons

sdestroyiers

Question

I’ve been recently contacted by a potential buyer on my automation gig that requires them to send me money outside of Fiverr for testing reasons. Thing is, I did not ask for this as they straight up said for me to send them a deposit address for a particular website so that I have money to test with. I know it is against Fiverr’s Terms of Service to accept or request payment outside of Fiverr, but if it is for testing, is this still possible?

I haven’t agreed or denied the buyer, and I let them know I will be looking around for answers. The problem is I can’t seem to find anything in regards to a matter like this. If it’s not possible whatsoever, then I will deny the job. If it’s possible, then of course I will accept. I just do not wish to put myself in more trouble than it is worth.

Please let me know of your thoughts in this matter.

Thanks for giving this a read, and I hope I posted this in the right forum section.

5 answers to this question

Don’t do it. Risking your account is not worth it as it’s against the ToS.

Report the buyer to CS asap.

Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Fiverr.com.

You may not offer direct payments to sellers using payment systems outside of the Fiverr Order system…

Don’t do it. Risking your account is not worth it as it’s against the ToS.

Report the buyer to CS asap.

Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Fiverr.com.

You may not offer direct payments to sellers using payment systems outside of the Fiverr Order system…

Thank you very much for the prompt reply! Off to CS I go! 🙂

I’ve been recently contacted by a potential buyer on my automation gig that requires them to send me money outside of Fiverr for testing reasons. Thing is, I did not ask for this as they straight up said for me to send them a deposit address for a particular website so that I have money to test with. I know it is against Fiverr’s Terms of Service to accept or request payment outside of Fiverr, but if it is for testing, is this still possible?

I haven’t agreed or denied the buyer, and I let them know I will be looking around for answers. The problem is I can’t seem to find anything in regards to a matter like this. If it’s not possible whatsoever, then I will deny the job. If it’s possible, then of course I will accept. I just do not wish to put myself in more trouble than it is worth.

Please let me know of your thoughts in this matter.

Thanks for giving this a read, and I hope I posted this in the right forum section.

I know it is against Fiverr’s Terms of Service to accept or request payment outside of Fiverr, but if it is for testing, is this still possible?

No not for any reason.

Archived