Buyer traffic almost completely disappeared this year

qloudpress

I really don’t understand what’s going on. I have been Level 2 seller for over a year with over $20,000 in sales, a 99% positive rating, 100% response rate, and 100% orders delivered on time, but even so, my buyer enquiries on Fiverr have dropped off so far this year that its barely worth me being on Fiverr now. What on earth has happened to Fiverr or to my gigs?

Dear Q:

You might want to pose your question in this thread: Fiverrcast Questions

What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you.

I took a quick look at your profile:

Your profile image: No suggestions
Your log line: No suggestions.
Your profile text – note the edits:

In general, I’d only suggest adding the name Buyers should call you to the end, but if you’re not happy with your current results, you might try investing in a copy writer. It might just be time to freshen up all your gigs.

My best guess as to your fall-off involves 2 things: 1) Fiverr’s mysterious algorithm, which apparently is costing you sales, and 2) you have no videos for your gigs, when Fiverr has been pushing adding videos. I’m just guessing, but maybe they’re now de-emphasizing gigs without videos…

I notice you have a ■■■■■■ link in your gig description. Fiverr has been all over the place about links lately. Have you spoken with Fiverr directly about this? I’d think if they have a problem with that, they’d force you to change your gig description, but maybe this link is causing your visibility to be affected by the algorithm? (Don’t know, just guessing).

All your gigs should have video, 3 images, 2 pdfs, and so on…

Make a video of yourself talking to the camera, because this approach garners IMMEDIATE RESULTS. Include additional samples in the video!

You may need to start promoting your gigs without relying on Fiverr’s algorithm, because apparently their latest updates are working against you.

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks
Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, Fiverrcast, and Support.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist. Please study this thread to better appreciate what I’m talking about here. It should take you a minimum of 4 weeks to make your way through all the material.

If you haven’t already read Strengths Finder 2.0 and taken that assessment, I suggest you do so, because it should give you the language to express your strengths and help you to brainstorm some gigs for which you are especially well qualified. Check out the writing of Chris Guillebeau and Tim Ferriss.

Here’s a thread discussing a specific example of a Buyer Request for which I created a gig and then asked for help improving that gig via the forum.

Improve My Gig Checklist
Seller Tip Trilogy
3 Top Tips and Tricks
How Do I Attract Buyers to My Gig?
Buyer Requests 1
Buyer Requests 2
Tips for Non-Native English Speakers
Sellers Instructionals from a Techies POV
Video Tutorial
SEO Idea
54 Sales in Our First Month
7 Tips for Upselling
Chargebacks
Social Media Gig Marketing
Managing Buyer Expectations
Gig Tweaks
Digital Copyright
Gig Images
Fiverr’s Cut
Warning Signs of a Potentially Troublesome Buyer
What URLs Can I Use?
Fiverr Terms of Service
How to Make Millions on Fiverr
[/details]

I wonder: did you change anything? Your gigs look great and one is even featured. If the light cursing in your profile did not hurt you before, that cannot be the reason. Have you raised your prices? And are your page views down, and your clicks, or just your inquiries? Sometimes even a small change can have a big impact. Maybe you could retrace your steps on any changes you made in the last few months. I would love to know what you figure out.

Archived