Buyer tried to cancel after get the work

mateusbl

I received one order from a buyer that purchased without read my gig… i delivery the work in “February 07” and in “February 08” the buyer tried to cancel the order.

This buyer notice that this is not what he was looking for just when i finished the work. (I make layout design, not development) As this is not my fault i don’t will cancel the order.

So i have two doubts:

1. Normally, the order is market as automatically complete after 3 days, so the 3 days will count after “February 07” or “February 08”?

2. The order should be completed today, but the order still active with the last status: “CANCELLATION REQUEST DECLINED” so i should delivery again the final work?

• Like 12

If the Buyer says it is not what they are looking for, that’s why they cancelled the order.

I would accept the cancellation and move on.

You will encounter some Buyers who do this.

It’s not fair to new Sellers, but it happens.

I get your point of view, but my GIG title is very clear about what i delivery… and in my gig description is written what i don’t do. For me is really confuse of how some person accept an offer without read what i’ll provide.

After spend days working on the project i don’t will cancel, all the informations was very clearly…

• Like 7

I received one order from a buyer that purchased without read my gig… i delivery the work in “February 07” and in “February 08” the buyer tried to cancel the order.

This buyer notice that this is not what he was looking for just when i finished the work. (I make layout design, not development) As this is not my fault i don’t will cancel the order.

So i have two doubts:

1. Normally, the order is market as automatically complete after 3 days, so the 3 days will count after “February 07” or “February 08”?

2. The order should be completed today, but the order still active with the last status: “CANCELLATION REQUEST DECLINED” so i should delivery again the final work?

so i should delivery again the final work?

You could. Then you would begin a game of you reject the cancellation, and your buyer asks for cancellation over and over and over.

Or the buyer could go to CS and ask for a cancellation, and they may or may not get it.

If the buyer finally accepts your order, as a new seller, you need to consider if it is worth a possible poor review?

• Like 9

I get your point of view, but my GIG title is very clear about what i delivery… and in my gig description is written what i don’t do. For me is really confuse of how some person accept an offer without read what i’ll provide.

After spend days working on the project i don’t will cancel, all the informations was very clearly…

I think you don’t quite understand me.

The Buyer decided to cancel.

You can’t do much about it.

Plus, it doesn’t matter how detailed you are in your profile or Gig descriptions…some Buyers won’t read any of it.

• Like 8

I think you don’t quite understand me.

The Buyer decided to cancel.

You can’t do much about it.

Plus, it doesn’t matter how detailed you are in your profile or Gig descriptions…some Buyers won’t read any of it.

I can’t cancel for two points: This is not my fault and i don’t know if this is some kind of scam? We sellers can’t cancel so easy

• Like 7

I can’t cancel for two points: This is not my fault and i don’t know if this is some kind of scam? We sellers can’t cancel so easy

Well, then I wish you luck.

You posted on the Forum looking for advice.

We’ve given it to you.

Good luck, but you’ll discover that you are wasting your time fighting over an order the Buyer doesn’t want.

• Like 8

Thanks for share this link, but this link don’t answer my question about the deadline of the order… this is what i wanna know

don’t answer my question about the deadline of the order… this is what i wanna know

Every time you refuse the cancellation request it adds two days for the buyer to either choose to complete the order or decline your request to not cancel.

I read one seller who had to refuse the cancellation request 75 times!

• Like 8

Oh, wait, are you asking about the revision ‘LATE’ bug?

As long as you’ve delivered the original order on time, revisions won’t count against the deadline.

No, the orders are automatically completed after 3 days. But in my case the buyer tried to cancel the order… i declined… so what will happen now?

• The order will be automatically completed 3 days after the “Last Delivery”

• Or the order will be automatically completed 3 days after i “Declined the cancelation”

• Like 7

I think its better not delivery again.Because your client send you a cancellation request.If you delivery again your buyer may be give you a bad review that’s your lose.Yeah it automatically completed 3 days but buyer can send cancel request about 90 days.Its better to talk your buyer.

• Like 8

don’t answer my question about the deadline of the order… this is what i wanna know

Every time you refuse the cancellation request it adds two days for the buyer to either choose to complete the order or decline your request to not cancel.

I read one seller who had to refuse the cancellation request 75 times!

I already had a client that opened revisions without stopping… just to make me give up and cancel the order. In the end i won, the order was automatically completed. We spend days working in some projects and we can’t give up so easy… as everyone know there’s all kind of buyers like scammers.

• Like 7

So, you want to know when the order will auto-complete. I’m not sure, but it would be safest to assume 72 hours from the last activity in the order (not counting messages).

Probably you are right, maybe will close 3 days after i refused the cancellation. I’ll keep you informed about the situation.

• Like 7

To avoid this kind of situation, I wrote (CONTACT ME BEFORE ORDERING) on my gig

This is not so simple, the buyer contacted me in the messages and he accepted the offer that i wrote for him (So how he don’t know?). He must knows what i provide for him… the buyer like of the work and i know that he will use the files in the end.

• Like 8

Please keep in mind, the buyer will be able to leave a review (possibly a negative one) after completing the order. Even the buyer can cancel the order via CS, if he have a good point (even after completing). So I recommend you to think about that.

Yes, but the buyer accepted the offer that i wrote, so how he can say that he don’t know about what he will receive in the end? The order was made exactly of what i proposed in the offer and he even liked it.

• Like 7

Fiverr is an interesting and rather unique place. The logic that has traditionally applied in the real world does not always play out here. i leave it to you do decide if that is good, bad, or indifferent.

You have to do the work on the assumption that the client is sane and understands what will be done (assuming you Gig is clear and your communication with them has been honest and understanding of what they have said). Sadly then the (non)customer can say they said/meant something completely different and therefore the work done does not suit their need for any/no reason.

TOS indicates otherwise but as some are indicating, this is not always the way it is applied. Like everything in this world, everything has become infinitely malleable to what the interpreter wants, i.e. most people want the issue to go away so they take the easiest path, cancel the job, give the money back and go for a drink.

You can fight and morally perhaps should. Will it achieve anything?

:-I

• Like 8

Yes, but the buyer accepted the offer that i wrote, so how he can say that he don’t know about what he will receive in the end? The order was made exactly of what i proposed in the offer and he even liked it.

Well, this is my advice. You could be stubborn about this and the buyer could go ahead, accept it and give you a bad review like 1* maybe. Then what happens? You now have a bad ratings and bad reviews that’s going to affect your account and now you wont be able to make anymore sales on this account. Like many people just told you, its best to move on and keep your good ratings. Many buyers don’t read.

As a new seller, its not worth it. An old seller with lots of reviews can do this and it won’t affect them much, but you, it will affect you. Another thing you can do is contact support and let them settle this but i know what they are going to do. They most likely will go with the buyer. So take my advice. Accept the cancellation and move on.

• Like 8

Well, this is my advice. You could be stubborn about this and the buyer could go ahead, accept it and give you a bad review like 1* maybe. Then what happens? You now have a bad ratings and bad reviews that’s going to affect your account and now you wont be able to make anymore sales on this account. Like many people just told you, its best to move on and keep your good ratings. Many buyers don’t read.

As a new seller, its not worth it. An old seller with lots of reviews can do this and it won’t affect them much, but you, it will affect you. Another thing you can do is contact support and let them settle this but i know what they are going to do. They most likely will go with the buyer. So take my advice. Accept the cancellation and move on.

Well, this is my advice. You could be stubborn about this and the buyer could go ahead, accept it and give you a bad review like 1* maybe.

True, but once a seller has a review they get to respond. I have found that when a good defense of why you did what you did is given it shows prospective buyers that you will not be taken advantage of. This is true even if you are a newish seller.

• Like 9