Buyer trying to cheat me! Help!

niyas144

Hello everyone,
I have a gig which providing motivational quote images for social media. These are my own designs and unique. I am proving 50 quote mages with client’s logo for $5 in this service. Last day, one buyer came to me and asked for discount. Also, he told he don’t need his logo in the images. I accepted. I delivered him 150 quotes for $10. Now he is telling he got the quotes from another seller, so he need refund. This is cheating!! He already got my 150 quotes. Now Dispute opened. What will I do?? If I reject it he will give a bad review…? I’m a new seller. Does this affect me? Please help me!!

Hello everyone,

I have a gig which providing motivational quote images for social media. These are my own designs and unique. I am proving 50 quote mages with client’s logo for $5 in this service. Last day, one buyer came to me and asked for discount. Also, he told he don’t need his logo in the images. I accepted. I delivered him 150 quotes for $10. Now he is telling he got the quotes from another seller, so he need refund. This is cheating!! He already got my 150 quotes. Now Dispute opened. What will I do?? If I reject it he will give a bad review…? I’m a new seller. Does this affect me? Please help me!!

He already got my 150 quotes. Now Dispute opened. What will I do?? If I reject it he will give a bad review…?

Of you always will be afraid of bad reviews then scammers will always be able to blackmail you.

If you are afraid of bad review than of course cancel the order and loose money for all your had work.

I’m always choosing a possibility of bad review but I wouldn’t let people scam me. I’d rather leave my review on them and write my side of the story under their review in my profile which in some cases counts even more than a bad review because it will scare away other scammers.

“Found a new seller” is not a valid reason for cancellation so if you decide to fight you can decline his cancellation request.

In my opinion as @mariashtelle1 has said you must not be afraid of bad reviews.

The buyer has received an absolute bargain as it is. $10 is nothing to most people.

I would do the following:

1. refuse the cancellation request
  2. point out to the buyer that you have completed the work as per the gig requirements
  3. tell the buyer that if they persist in their course of action YOU will report THEM to customer support

You have probably been deliberately targeted as a new seller. Scam buyers think you will give in to them - don’t.

Remember, even if the buyer does leave a bad review, you can publicly respond.

• 3 months later...

Hello fiverr community,
My name is Niyas. I am a lavel 1 seller on fiverr. I have achieved the Level 1 seller title recently.
My main services are providing Motivational quote images for social media pages. I am providing both custom designs and premade designs. Premade means designed by me, but only changing logo for clients. I have mentioned them in my gigs.

Today, one buyer contacted me and asked for the premade quotes. He asked them for half of its price. I rejected it first, but he told he don’t have much more money, he is a beginner. So, I took the work and delivered him for that price. I delivered images through Dropbox. But after the delivery, he tried to cancel the order. He is telling that the images are poor quality.

I am delivering only high quality quote images for my clients. I have completed 75+ orders here and I have lot of satisfied customers and reviews. This buyer tried to cheat me. Now he is telling that he reported my profile to fiverr. I accepted his cancellation request, because I know he will never accept my delivery.

I need to know that his report will affect my profile and sales? What I need to do?

Archived