Buyer trying to defame me

manasyewale

Hello,
At the beginning, he was very happy with the results but later the buyer continually request to do work which was not in the scope on the last part of the order, we had a little disagreement and he was acting very unprofessional and rude, and later said it was a joke and constantly trying to make fun of me and defame me, he also that he doesn’t mind 1 star as no one refuses the buyer.

When I delivered, he gave 1 star which is still okay but what he wrote was inaccurate, he wrote that I was unprofessional, did incomplete work and falsely accused me of a lot more things.

I have emailed fiverr support regarding the same but my it doesnt look good in my best selling gig.

What should I do?

Mod Note: Gig Link removed.

The buyer gave a detailed review and even put Drive links that show what they received.

Anyone reading that can make their own mind from those whether the review is accurate or not. Respectfully, if I had ordered the “human”, I wouldn’t have been happy with it.

He didn’t like the human so I cancelled the order and made a new one with a lower price and the new order didn’t include the human, it was just 4 robots, most of the details are false, I never did those things

He is falsely accusing me of insulting him, not completing the order and also, I had cancelled the order and made a new one which did not include the human but still the review mentions about that

Well that’s not okay, but that’s not defamation.

Defamation is when you say disparaging things about someone’s character to other people in an attempt to discredit or otherwise adversely impact them.

Don’t you think this will impact my profile on fiverr?

this will impact my profile on fiverr?

Of course it will, but to be honest I’m this case buyers review seems honest and not revengeful. He described what you delivered and what he asked for and his feedback seems quite constructive. And if you did really say that you are sick and that’s why you accepted lower price and now he need to pay more money instead of saying that he didn’t have included in the order then your buyer has all right to call it unprofessional behaviour.

Of course it will, but to be honest I’m this case buyers review seems honest and not revengeful. He described what you delivered and what he asked for and his feedback seems quite constructive. And if you did really say that you are sick and that’s why you accepted lower price and now he need to pay more money instead of saying that he didn’t have included in the order then your buyer has all right to call it unprofessional behaviour.

That is a lie, I never said I was sick, 10 dollars is my regular price and I never asked for extra money, I did the job exactly as he asked, make 5 characters, he like 4 of them and didn’t like the last one so i cancelled the order, reordered with 40 dollars instead of 50 dollars.

And then he says that he wants me to make a new robots and doesnt like the previous even though when I showed the photo he liked it

Mod Note: Screenshot removed. Please remove the username before reposting.

That is a lie, I never said I was sick, 10 dollars is my regular price and I never asked for extra money, I did the job exactly as he asked, make 5 characters, he like 4 of them and didn’t like the last one so i cancelled the order, reordered with 40 dollars instead of 50 dollars.

And then he says that he wants me to make a new robots and doesnt like the previous even though when I showed the photo he liked it.

My previous post is hidden because I had screenshots of the chat so I have removed them here

If what the buyer is saying is false/defaming I think Fiverr/CS should remove the review.
The review policy says:

If you feel that a review left by a user is abusive, a result of a technical error, or violates our Terms of Service, please contact our Customer Support team.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/buyer-and-seller-reviews

But you’d need to show that it was untrue with screenshots of the conversation I think.

For other sellers they’ve removed false reviews. Though you have to be careful about warnings, but if it’s definitely false they should remove it if they agree.

If what the buyer is saying is false/defaming I think Fiverr/CS should remove the review.

The review policy says:

If you feel that a review left by a user is abusive, a result of a technical error, or violates our Terms of Service, please contact our Customer Support team.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/buyer-and-seller-reviews

But you’d need to show that it was untrue with screenshots of the conversation I think.

For other sellers they’ve removed false reviews. Though you have to be careful about warnings, but if it’s definitely false they should remove it if they agree.

Thank you so much for the advice, I have emailed fiverr CS regarding the same and awaiting their reply for more than 12 hours now, I have all the proofs, I will let you know what happens.

Absolutely right this isn’t professional at all

Thank you so much for the advice, I have emailed fiverr CS regarding the same and awaiting their reply for more than 12 hours now, I have all the proofs, I will let you know what happens.

have emailed fiverr CS

Good luck with that. I’m pretty sure fiverr CS will not remove this feedback or might even issue you a warning.

However I’m hoping for the best for you.

reviews are false?

He shared his experience :woman_shrugging: His review doesn’t break any TOS to be removed.

If it’s false, about a different order than the one being reviewed, potentially libellous (things like saying he insulted the buyer if that’s untrue) as well as saying false things about the order (if the buyer did that, surely that could be defamation/libellous too?).

Also on the forum there have been other sellers who have had false reviews removed, so why would they be removed but this one not (eg. is it because other reviews that were removed were more abusive)?

But the OP would have to be careful if he had asked for a good ranking as that could lead to a warning, but I’m assuming that’s false also based on the OP.

If it’s false, about a different order than the one being reviewed, potentially libellous (things like saying he insulted the buyer if that’s untrue) as well as saying false things about the order (if the buyer did that, surely that could be defamation/libellous too?).

Also on the forum there have been other sellers who have had false reviews removed, so why would they be removed but this one not (eg. is it because other reviews that were removed were more abusive)?

But the OP would have to be careful if he had asked for a good ranking as that could lead to a warning, but I’m assuming that’s false also based on the OP.

if the buyer did that, surely that could be defamation/libellous too?

We shall find out soon 😉

His buyer didn’t want him to do any work for free and from his screenshots it doesn’t sound that his buyer was asking him to do more work for free as OP presenting it.

His buyer didn’t blackmail him to do more work threatening to leave a bad review. It seems it was a surprise for the OP to get a bad rating. So why else his buyer would leave a detailed constructive review if he was happy with what OP delivered?

But anyway we don’t have buyer here and can hear only side of the seller and only support will be able to see their conversations. Everything else right now is our pure speculation.

@manasyewale keep us posted when CS will reply to you.

I think it might be worth putting more limits in the gig description (or describing more what they can order/what you deliver (best)) and maybe raising prices. If you reduced your price in a special offer, maybe don’t reduce it so much.

I think it might be worth putting more limits in the gig description (or describing more what they can order/what you deliver (best)) and maybe raising prices.

I agree! Also you could have explained it more in detail in your response like you did to us. I don’t think it will hurt your sales.

I’m impressed with what you do. I really think you should move up the basic price to $10 at least. It might help to get nicer clients.

I think it might be worth putting more limits in the gig description (or describing more what they can order/what you deliver (best)) and maybe raising prices.

I agree! Also you could have explained it more in detail in your response like you did to us. I don’t think it will hurt your sales.

I’m impressed with what you do. I really think you should move up the basic price to $10 at least. It might help to get nicer clients.

I don’t think it will hurt your sales.

Though as it is currently I think it will stop sales through the buyer request page (stop the ability to send offers there).

Archived