Buyer trying to take advantage

sam_designs1

Hi Guys,
Recently a buyer ordered my basic package, Once i completed the order and sent her files. She marked it as completed after 2 days. I politely ask her to rate the experience with me. She said she is not satisfied with the delivery. I believe she is taking advantage of the situation and hoping to get 2 or 3 concepts in basic package. How should i proceed?
Thanks for your time

Hi Guys,

Recently a buyer ordered my basic package, Once i completed the order and sent her files. She marked it as completed after 2 days. I politely ask her to rate the experience with me. She said she is not satisfied with the delivery. I believe she is taking advantage of the situation and hoping to get 2 or 3 concepts in basic package. How should i proceed?

Thanks for your time

I politely ask her to rate the experience with me.

Many sellers have complained on the forum that they got a warning because they asked about a review.

Best just to leave it and move on.

Hey, FYI i offer unlimited revisions, so she don’t have to marked it as complete until she is satisfied. Why she would leave a bad review cuz i was patient with her throughout the whole process

Secondly i reached out to her for feedback not she

I politely ask her to rate the experience with me. She said she is not satisfied with the delivery. I believe she is taking advantage of the situation and hoping to get 2 or 3 concepts in basic package.

You’re not doing anything here but shoot yourself in the foot for no reason. It is not allowed to ask a buyer for feedback and clearly your buyer has decided not to leave you a rating because they are unhappy.

Just leave your buyer alone and only start to worry if they do come back to request more work free of charge.

I believe it’s not against TOS to ask for the feedback for using service or rate experience

I believe it’s not against TOS to ask for the feedback for using service or rate experience

Your belief is, unfortunately, wrong. You cannot ask your buyers about reviews, nor insight into why they left the review. You WILL likely get a warning from Fiverr for doing so. You don’t need to know this. Accept the review, respond to it, and move on to the next order.

Hey, FYI i offer unlimited revisions, so she don’t have to marked it as complete until she is satisfied. Why she would leave a bad review cuz i was patient with her throughout the whole process

Why she would leave a bad review cuz i was patient with her throughout the whole process

She can leave any review the feels reflects her experience working with you. You are not entitled to the reviews you want, nor the response from her that you want her to give. Clearly she didn’t want unlimited revisions, and she felt comfortable leaving a review when she did.

From what I see she’s kind enough not to give you a bad review. Correct me if I’m wrong:

1. She placed and order
  2. Paid for it
  3. Marked it complete releasing your funds
  4. Declined to leave a review because she’s not satisfied

So if I got this correct you no longer have an active order with this buyer, you’ve received the payment for said order and she hasn’t asked anything else from you.

So how exactly is she trying to take advantage of the situation?

Declined to leave a review because she’s not satisfied

Hmm, I think, there’re revisions option for buyers.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your time

don’t do that , it usually ends up with warnings

Declined to leave a review because she’s not satisfied

Hmm, I think, there’re revisions option for buyers.

But they don’t have to revise if they don’t want to. It’s the buyer’s prerogative to leave a review or ask for a revision (if they have some left). Maybe the seller missed the mark so much that the buyer knew no amount of revisions could fix it (which is often the case).

Why she would leave a bad review cuz i was patient with her throughout the whole process

She can leave any review the feels reflects her experience working with you. You are not entitled to the reviews you want, nor the response from her that you want her to give. Clearly she didn’t want unlimited revisions, and she felt comfortable leaving a review when she did.

I didn’t particularly ask you to leave your suggestion about the review. Maybe you have to read my post again. If she was more inclined to leave a review she could, She don’t need my permission

But they don’t have to revise if they don’t want to. It’s the buyer’s prerogative to leave a review or ask for a revision (if they have some left). Maybe the seller missed the mark so much that the buyer knew no amount of revisions could fix it (which is often the case).

How can you say that he is not satisfied at all? if this is the reason why she marked the order as completed and didn’t get back to me. Have you read my post?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your time

It is against Fiverr’s rules to ask a buyer to rate your delivery, or leave you a review. You specifically stated that you did this (in your first post):

I didn’t particularly ask you to leave your suggestion about the review.

This is a public forum, and I commented appropriately.

How can you say that he is not satisfied at all? if this is the reason why she marked the order as completed and didn’t get back to me. Have you read my post?

is not satisfied at all? if this is the reason why she marked the order as completed and didn’t get back to me

The thing that you don’t seem to understand is that some people decide to just mark order as a complete even if they are not satisfied because they simply don’t see a point of asking revisions if what you delivered is very far from their vision. Especially if your service is cheap.

And when you asked her about leaving a review you just basically “begged” her to ask you for more work and revisions. You asked for trouble yourself.

Your customers doesn’t leave a review not only because they don’t want want to but also because they don’t want to ruin your profile with bad review and they know that you should be paid for your time even if your work didn’t match their expectations.

Simple rule: never ask for reviews. And it’s against fiverr TOS anyway.

You’ve to remember all buyer won’t give you review. So, if someone don’t want to give you a review then don’t ask them. there’s have so many buyer who will more than happy to leave you a good review. don’t worry about who didn’t give you review. Stay focused.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your time

I believe she is taking advantage of the situation and hoping to get 2 or 3 concepts in basic package.

No, she is not. If she was “trying to take advantage of you” and hoping to get more concepts, she wouldn’t have marked the order as complete, she would have requested more revisions and demanded more concepts.

How should i proceed?

Leave her alone.

Hey, FYI i offer unlimited revisions, so she don’t have to marked it as complete until she is satisfied.

Sometimes buyers don’t ask for more revisions even if they’re not satisfied. For example, if they think that the seller is actually unable to do what they need, or if it seems like the seller doesn’t understand them.

If she was more inclined to leave a review she could, She don’t need my permission

She didn’t want to leave a review, though, and she doesn’t need your permission to not leave a review, either.

Just accept the fact that buyers don’t owe you a review, and that you shouldn’t ask for one.

Stop offering unlimited revisions ASAP, and never mention the words review, feedback, or rating to your buyers EVER again. Seriously, every time you do you’re risking your account.

About 70% of my buyers leave a review. I don’t care about the other 30%.

Clear explanation, will follow?

Thanks

You can mark can order and not be satisfied. As I said before, it’s the buyer’s prerogative. I have read your post.

Remember that reviews are for a buyer to communicate their experience and not for the seller to boost his or her profile or rating.

Just move on.

Archived