Buyer - Virus sender

dakozz

Hi, everyone! I want to warn you about buyer (fiverr doesn’t allow type his name)

He or she sent me compressed folder with a sample reference work as he/she said. When I opened a folder my antivirus gone crazy and my hardware was crushed. So I spent 2 days trying to fix my hardware and a lot of my works lost forever.

Be aware from suspect folders and messages!

Hi, everyone! I want to warn you about buyer (fiverr doesn’t allow type his name)

He or she sent me compressed folder with a sample reference work as he/she said. When I opened a folder my antivirus gone crazy and my hardware was crushed. So I spent 2 days trying to fix my hardware and a lot of my works lost forever.

Be aware from suspect folders and messages!

Hmm I recently got a message from a buyer saying something like “Can you review the attached file for our requirements bullets and budget?” With a .doc attached. I responded something like “Can you please paste the contents here, there have been some viruses going around on attached files, so I just want to be extra careful.” Never heard a peep back. I wonder if I should report or not. I could open up one of my VMs and download the file there and upload to virustotal though.

Hmm I recently got a message from a buyer saying something like “Can you review the attached file for our requirements bullets and budget?” With a .doc attached. I responded something like “Can you please paste the contents here, there have been some viruses going around on attached files, so I just want to be extra careful.” Never heard a peep back. I wonder if I should report or not. I could open up one of my VMs and download the file there and upload to virustotal though.

I was faced this same problems

Archived