Buyer wanted revision but closed order

garciavo

I wasn’t sure where to put this so I’m sorry if this is the incorrect place. A buyer ordered a voiceover and put that they wanted it to sound like a YouTube video. I went to YouTube to check out videos in the category and recorded it. Turns out that’s not what they wanted. I asked them for a video as an example to do the revision. They closed out the job and left a rating. Now I’m not sure what to do. I have no problem doing the revision. I wrote them another message saying as much. I’d like to help them get the audio they want but am not sure how. And I’m not ready to rate the job either, especially knowing he wanted a revision.

Well, their rating is concrete at this point, so whatever you do won’t be able to change the review they’ve already left. It’ll go on your page in 10 days or whenever you review the buyer (whichever comes first). If they’ve closed the order, it can be assumed that they don’t want the revision anymore. Honestly, I wouldn’t do the revision if they completed the order instead of just requesting it.

As a forewarning, a buyer I had like this (requested a revision through the order page and then complete the order) was rash and left a 1-star review because they didn’t know what they wanted and expected me to get whole new illustrations without paying any more. I’m not saying your buyer is like this or that the situations are more alike outside of a buyer completing the order before getting the revision they expressed a desire for, but I’d keep that in mind.

@montelmoore, she says that the buyer closed the order and left a review, not canceled. And I wouldn’t be willing to work with anyone who canceled an order with me. For all I know, they could ruin my completion rating twice over.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Thank you. They didn’t cancel. I did the order but the directions weren’t clear. They asked for a revision and I do offer them. They closed the order though instead of clicking for a revision. I wanted to help but I don’t think they want the revision anymore. I’m going to give it a couple of days to see if they answer me or not and then I’ll just have to let it go.

Well, their rating is concrete at this point, so whatever you do won’t be able to change the review they’ve already left. It’ll go on your page in 10 days or whenever you review the buyer (whichever comes first). If they’ve closed the order, it can be assumed that they don’t want the revision anymore. Honestly, I wouldn’t do the revision if they completed the order instead of just requesting it.

As a forewarning, a buyer I had like this (requested a revision through the order page and then complete the order) was rash and left a 1-star review because they didn’t know what they wanted and expected me to get whole new illustrations without paying any more. I’m not saying your buyer is like this or that the situations are more alike outside of a buyer completing the order before getting the revision they expressed a desire for, but I’d keep that in mind.

@montelmoore, she says that the buyer closed the order and left a review, not canceled. And I wouldn’t be willing to work with anyone who canceled an order with me. For all I know, they could ruin my completion rating twice over.

Thank you for your answer. I’m not as much worried about what they left as a rating as I’m not sure what to put in my rating, you know. Or I could just let it go and not rate it, but that feels weird to me to not rate them. I’ve only been doing this a few months but out of the 50 or so orders I’ve done, this is the first time this has happened. I’ve not had someone be so vague with how they wanted a script to be done nor have them leave without letting me do a revision. Oh well. Nothing left to be done if they aren’t going to talk to me. I am going to give them a couple of days and if nothing happens on their side then there’s nothing more I can do on mine and I’ll rate them accordingly. Thank you again for your story about your one star review. I’m sorry that happened to you.

Archived