Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer wanted to change their review and I got a warning

Hey guys!

So the other day I got a client and after delivering the product my client wanted a revision. It was a very little mistake I made, took about 20 seconds to fix. After I delivered my product again the buyer didn’t see it for some reason and just accepted it, thinking it was the version before revision. The buyer gave me 2.7 stars and a very negative feedback. I contacted the buyer afterwards to ask him why would he ever do this to me as I did nothing wrong. He apologized and told me that he didn’t see the new version I sent him. Now he is very pleased with his product and would happily want to change the review but he can’t, so he himself contacted the support and so did I. After giving all the proof and everything the support would ever need, they just tell me that I’m trying to manipulate and that I will get my account suspended if I try to contact them again about this issue? That is so unfair and makes me sick to my stomach. It’s not like I did anything wrong the buyer himself wants to change the review and he is also feeling bad about the situation. The buyer wants to make it right very much as he himself said: “I feel terrible about it. I’ll do everything I can”. Why is the support not taking this seriously after all the proof I provided and I’m sure they can check all the chat logs and also contact the buyer for any questions. Now my Fiverr career is probably done and there is nobody that can help me not even the support.

Thanks for reading! </3

2 Likes

If I were you, I wouldn’t have reacted to the review. Recently a buyer said I did a great job in the inbox and droped exactly 2.7 star, I was
($5 work) shocked. I kept quiet and didn’t contact the buyer. He later bought another gig about 3 weeks later $100 - meaning that he was truly very satisfied with the initial job. Any review! I will always keep quiet, all I’ll do is hope for a 5 star review.

The idea is - keep quiet. Don’t complain about any review. If you do, It might be viewed as manipulative if you discuss review issues with your buyer.

1 Like

Avoid the mistake next time.

Read some old discussions here to understand how the platform works.

All the best!!

Upsetting yes - Fatal no

The systems are not always clear on first use but you learn from your mistakes and get it right next time.

:slight_smile:

I mean it’s not even my mistake to be clear. The revision was just to change the color of a black background to different shade of black. That’s why it’s so upsetting, I did nothing wrong and the buyer himself wants to change the review :confused:

No he didn’t at the beginning.

But this :point_up_2: is what got you into trouble. I know it might sound ridiculous for you but asking your clients why they left bad reviews (or any reviews) to be precise is strictly forbidden here. And even if that was a mistake in your case a lot of sellers doing that to make buyers feel bad about them leaving bad review. So fiverr has to restrict any mentioning of word “review”

2 Likes

That is why you got a warning. You can’t even mention a review to a buyer.

1 Like

There have been many posts on the forum where sellers have got a warning because they asked about a review.

Always best just to leave it and move on.

Make sure to get no further warnings.

Read this: Don’t do it! … You Have Been Warned!

Enjoy the forum. :slightly_smiling_face: