Fiverr Forum

Buyer wants a discount?

This morning someone messaged me asking if I’ll edit his manuscript of 60,000 words. To sweeten the pot he says he has 50 ms and will get me to edit all of them. This is just too weird. I don’t think I’d discount but still charge the 2500 word limit for $5. I don’t know if we can offer discounts but I wouldn’t discount on that basis. Maybe say I’d do 5 at $5 each and when all 5 have been ordered and finished, do a 6th for free or something.

Has anyone dealt with the issue of discounts?

I do a gig for editing for 2500 words for one gig. If someone wants a huge ebook edited, say 100,000 words (it has happened) I will offer to do it for a few less gigs than usual. Buyers like this and feel they are getting a deal. It helps me to get orders.

I do a gig for editing for 2500 words for one gig. If someone wants a huge ebook edited, say 100,000 words (it has happened) I will offer to do it for a few less gigs than usual. Buyers like this and feel they are getting a deal. It helps me to get orders.

This morning someone messaged me asking if I’ll edit his manuscript of 60,000 words. To sweeten the pot he says he has 50 ms and will get me to edit all of them. This is just too weird. I don’t think I’d discount but still charge the 2500 word limit for $5. I don’t know if we can offer discounts but I wouldn’t discount on that basis. Maybe say I’d do 5 at $5 each and when all 5 have been ordered and finished, do a 6th for free or something.

Has anyone dealt with the issue of discounts?

I just don’t offer discounts, $5 is a nice round figure for my time it takes to do one gig unit so in my case 5 minutes for $5.

Yes…I have been asked for discounts before or freebies too. Like Wimpy from Popeye. “I will gladly buy all your gigs tomorrow if you give me this gig free today”. My answer is always a very pleasant, charming and courteous … “NO”

Thanks, I feel the same way! I’ve already replied as such. Nicely of course. LOL

I tell people if they don’t want to pay the full price then I have plenty of customers who will.

Agree, this is the bargain already at $5. No need to discount - I would pass on this order. Like Madmoo, when someone says “I’ll have more work” that is not always the case. If you are good and deliver every time quality - you will build a following and always have work.

Yes buyers who order in bulk ask for discount so they can save some. In real life too my new clients ask for discount everytime. Everybody likes discount :slight_smile:

Today I have give discount to one buyer. Original price of order should be $40, but I have give him for $25.

I always give discount to my buyer, that make me to feel happy :">

It depends on the gig of course but I’d be up for a discount under some circumstances. If someone wanted bunch of gigs from me I’d probably knock a bit off to get the job. Because of the nature of my gigs (voice overs) doing 9 and doing 10 are roughly the same amount of effort.

They’d have to order the 9 before I started work though. The promise of future work is just words when it comes down to it.

The larger the voiceover project the less price it is for me. One large voiceover project is easier than several smaller projects, so I’m happy to give them a discount. When I’m really hurting for business or just have time to kill I don’t mind most of the time (I’ve had a few pieces of voicework I’m obviously working on for college students.)

Never sell yourself short though and trust your instincts.