Buyer wants a very BIG revision 2 weeks after order was completed

skilledscripter

The title basically says it all. A buyer bought one of my gigs (an Artwork design) about 2 and a half weeks ago while only now (after the order was marked as complete and he gave a 5 star review) is asking for a pretty big revision. I don’t mean like a quick easy 5 minute fix, but an actual 1-2 day revision drawing. (He wants the me to basically create a whole new design for free).

What should I do? What should I say? I’m really stuck here.

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject! 🙂

Yes. I don’t understand if this normal or not? I’m quite new to selling.

Then don’t. Try to explain that the revision is not simple and that it requires 1-2 days and that you can do this but charging them …$

The following topic could be useful for you

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

Then don’t. Try to explain that the revision is not simple and that it requires 1-2 days and that you can do this but charging them …$

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

Oh ok I understand, thanks for the advice and help!

His now threatening me and saying he will give a 1 star review if I don’t do it.

His now threatening me and saying he will give a 1 star review if I don’t do it.

He cannot give you a 1 star - you said he already rated your work 5 star.

He is trying his best to blackmail you (as they probably know you are new) into becoming fearful and just giving in. NOPE! As the article linked above talks about - you need to set boundaries with this type of “buyer”. You may also want to report their threats to Fiverr.

What I would do, is I would BLOCK this buyer from purchasing anything from you again. (Go to their profile and there will be a link to block them) They sound like trouble. I have to wonder if they are a reseller and their client wanted changes and now they are in a pickle.

Do NOT make any changes. I would block.

GG

He cannot give you a 1 star - you said he already rated your work 5 star.

He is trying his best to blackmail you (as they probably know you are new) into becoming fearful and just giving in. NOPE! As the article linked above talks about - you need to set boundaries with this type of “buyer”. You may also want to report their threats to Fiverr.

What I would do, is I would BLOCK this buyer from purchasing anything from you again. (Go to their profile and there will be a link to block them) They sound like trouble. I have to wonder if they are a reseller and their client wanted changes and now they are in a pickle.

Do NOT make any changes. I would block.

GG

Thank you! And yes mjaninea the order was marked as complete.

Archived