Buyer wants different service after receiving the order

I am selling voice over/voice acting work with video editing.
I got send a powerpoint in a .pdf file and the buyer wanted me to read every slide (create a voice over) and then create a video out of it.

Now after I have delivered the work he is claiming that he wanted a Powerpoint presentation with voice over for every slide from me. But that is simply not what we agreed on.
I even asked if he wants the video to be in FullHD or HD resolution beforehand.

In the offer I send him I stated very clearly that I will synchronize his Powerpoint presentation and will deliver a video and the .wav audio file.

Now he wants a revision and claims we agreed on his terms even though he accepted my offer as described. He is not answering me on how we can resolve the situation and I only have one day left to deliver.

I am not even sure on what he really wants in the end.

What should/can I do in this situation?

I am selling voice over/voice acting work with video editing.

I got send a powerpoint in a .pdf file and the buyer wanted me to read every slide (create a voice over) and then create a video out of it.

Now after I have delivered the work he is claiming that he wanted a Powerpoint presentation with voice over for every slide from me. But that is simply not what we agreed on.

I even asked if he wants the video to be in FullHD or HD resolution beforehand.

In the offer I send him I stated very clearly that I will synchronize his Powerpoint presentation and will deliver a video and the .wav audio file.

Now he wants a revision and claims we agreed on his terms even though he accepted my offer as described. He is not answering me on how we can resolve the situation and I only have one day left to deliver.

What should/can I do in this situation?

This is the most important line. How can you do a revision if you’re not sure what the revision is? You can’t - it’s impossible.

Anyway, back to the basics. If you are confident that the terms were very clear from the start and work in your favour, then you can either:

1. Send the buyer a gig extra, explaining that you are happy to do the work, but it is chargeable. Reasonable buyers will accept this. Non-reasonable buyers will get angry and accuse you of lying and either ask for a cancellation or slate you with bad feedback.

2. Contact customer support. Inform them that you have delivered the order exactly as agreed, but that the buyer is now changing the terms after delivery. It’s important to do this as if the buyer asks for a cancellation (probably very likely) then you have made a preemptive strike. EDIT: I have personal experience of customer support ruling in my favour in a similar situation where the buyer tried to change the terms after delivery.

If on the other hand the instructions and agreement weren’t very clear, then you can either make the changes as a revision (probably involving a lot of work for no extra money) or cancel the order (meaning you lose your money and the time you’ve invested already).

This is the most important line. How can you do a revision if you’re not sure what the revision is? You can’t - it’s impossible.

Anyway, back to the basics. If you are confident that the terms were very clear from the start and work in your favour, then you can either:

1. Send the buyer a gig extra, explaining that you are happy to do the work, but it is chargeable. Reasonable buyers will accept this. Non-reasonable buyers will get angry and accuse you of lying and either ask for a cancellation or slate you with bad feedback.

2. Contact customer support. Inform them that you have delivered the order exactly as agreed, but that the buyer is now changing the terms after delivery. It’s important to do this as if the buyer asks for a cancellation (probably very likely) then you have made a preemptive strike. EDIT: I have personal experience of customer support ruling in my favour in a similar situation where the buyer tried to change the terms after delivery.

If on the other hand the instructions and agreement weren’t very clear, then you can either make the changes as a revision (probably involving a lot of work for no extra money) or cancel the order (meaning you lose your money and the time you’ve invested already).

Thanks a lot for the very fast and precise answer!

I am just starting out on Fiverr and this is the first time happening so I am a little bit unsure what may be the best thing to do.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I hope it was a help.

The key to avoiding problems like you’re encountering is to ensure that your gigs and custom offers are 100% watertight. Everything has to be factual - no assumptions, no unanswered questions, no silly promises or guarantees that can’t be kept.

So long as everything is provable, in the event of a dispute, customer support should be on your side (although you will see posts in the forum disputing this).

If you are totally confident that you are right and the buyer is wrong, then I would contact customer support and explain that you have carried out the work as per the agreement.

If on the other hand there is room for doubt, then either do the revision if you can or just cancel the order and learn from the experience.

I create PPT with voice over so my guess is he needs mp4 of PPT with voice matching the slides.

If that was not included in the offer check your exact wording.

If you told him you will deliver wav that means nothing to him, maybe he just thought that is just some version of MOV MP4 MKV…

So it could be your offer was not clear to him due to technicality terms.

If you said video, then I presume it was video matching the slides of PPT as they transition.

Audio would be just voice file.

From what you have written I think he wanted and you offered mp4 with changing slides and matching voice over.

I hope it was a help.

The key to avoiding problems like you’re encountering is to ensure that your gigs and custom offers are 100% watertight. Everything has to be factual - no assumptions, no unanswered questions, no silly promises or guarantees that can’t be kept.

So long as everything is provable, in the event of a dispute, customer support should be on your side (although you will see posts in the forum disputing this).

If you are totally confident that you are right and the buyer is wrong, then I would contact customer support and explain that you have carried out the work as per the agreement.

If on the other hand there is room for doubt, then either do the revision if you can or just cancel the order and learn from the experience.

winning or learning as always

“ensure that your gigs and custom offers are 100% watertight” - 👍

Now he has send me a message that he agrees that what I delivered is what he ordered.

But he says my voice is “to deep” for this kind of presentation and he won´t use it - even though the sound is like the sample I had sent him before.

Wants to pay me just a refund for my “hard work” - I think he wants to scam me and use it anyways.

Now he has send me a message that he agrees that what I delivered is what he ordered.

But he says my voice is “to deep” for this kind of presentation and he won´t use it - even though the sound is like the sample I had sent him before.

Wants to pay me just a refund for my “hard work” - I think he wants to scam me and use it anyways.

I am sure you won’t agree on refund and stand on your grounds !

DO NOT CANCEL THAT ORDER,

Fiverr TOS does not allow buyers to cancel orders based on the quality !

I think he wants to scam me and use it anyways

Yes.

Your voice is as per your sample. If it was fine 2 days ago it did not go that deep all of the sudden (except deliberately).

he agrees that what I delivered is what he ordered

Explain that as per Fiverr TOS that is what you did.

Wants to pay me just a refund

Fiverr doesn’t work like that. No partial refunds.

Fiverr TOS does not allow buyers to cancel orders based on the quality

Yes it does!

It doesn’t on the likeliness of the delivery.

if you deliver quality but the client doesn’t like it, then he can not get cancelation.

But if the seller delivers garbage, then yes refund is there and a cancelation.

Even if the seller worked for weeks on that order.

I am not going to pay someone’s “hard work” when he doesn’t know how to use Photoshop and takes him 10 days to figure out how to mask out object in template I sent (5 seconds job).

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients.

Never log out…

Always be agreeable to clients…

Give free samples or mock ups…

Answer right away…

If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being.

Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

I think he wants to scam me and use it anyways

Yes.

Your voice is as per your sample. If it was fine 2 days ago it did not go that deep all of the sudden (except deliberately).

he agrees that what I delivered is what he ordered

Explain that as per Fiverr TOS that is what you did.

Wants to pay me just a refund

Fiverr doesn’t work like that. No partial refunds.

Fiverr TOS does not allow buyers to cancel orders based on the quality

Yes it does!

It doesn’t on the likeliness of the delivery.

if you deliver quality but the client doesn’t like it, then he can not get cancelation.

But if the seller delivers garbage, then yes refund is there and a cancelation.

Even if the seller worked for weeks on that order.

I am not going to pay someone’s “hard work” when he doesn’t know how to use Photoshop and takes him 10 days to figure out how to mask out object in template I sent (5 seconds job).

I didn’t say bad quality ? I said Quality !!

I didn’t say bad quality ? I said Quality !!

Yes, and Fiverr allows cancelations based on quality.

favicon-32x32.png.caa3c6b45dfb2670acb2d0b270b36c1c.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.de163dabe9d2d003a6457b3d4ce071dd.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Handling Orders

• When a Buyer orders a Gig, the Seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
  • Sellers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Gigs. Failing to do so will allow the Buyer to cancel the Order when an Order is marked as late and may harm the Seller’s status.
  • Sellers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the Order as Delivered.
  • Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Fiverr will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
  • Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.

Yes, and Fiverr allows cancelations based on quality.

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Handling Orders

• When a Buyer orders a Gig, the Seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
  • Sellers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Gigs. Failing to do so will allow the Buyer to cancel the Order when an Order is marked as late and may harm the Seller’s status.
  • Sellers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the Order as Delivered.
  • Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Fiverr will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
  • Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.

Hmm ! I am still not getting it on linked page,

I may be missing something, can you copy and paste exact lines here please?

Archived