Buyer Wants Free Work and CS not helping!

muhammad_osman

Hi All,

Yesterday a different thing happened to me a buyer ordered my GIG for wordpress work. He asked me to make some changes on PHP settings. So I did as he said, some servers take time to update PHP settings. So at that time when I told him that I completed my work he checked the changes but as I said PHP settings take time to change on few servers, so he was not satisfied. But after a hour he said that everything is working fine and ask me to cancel the order and he also said that he fixed the issue.

I don’t know how he did that because I made that changes and that changes took action after a while. But he is asking me to cancel the order. So I contacted the fiverr and they said this:

1.PNG.5a858dd2512159973c1e1a52a3aaae84.PNG

2.PNG.9f7c18f01d1ba02e0ffa4ab184291571.PNG

Mean CS team is not ready to help me. I did my work and that buyer want that for free. How can I get out of this situation. I am afraid that If I will deliver the order he will put negative ratings. Is there no way to solve this, can any experienced seller help me?

You shouldn’t deliver work before you can prove it’s completed. You should have waited until servers were updated and then delivered. Learn from it and move on.

You can try CS once more, but we can’t complete the order for you.

I haven’t delivered that. I made the settings and told him that I am working on his issue. After making setting I logged out for round about one hour. So he opened dispute for not responding and also said that settings are working and he did this all.

Hi All,

Yesterday a different thing happened to me a buyer ordered my GIG for wordpress work. He asked me to make some changes on PHP settings. So I did as he said, some servers take time to update PHP settings. So at that time when I told him that I completed my work he checked the changes but as I said PHP settings take time to change on few servers, so he was not satisfied. But after a hour he said that everything is working fine and ask me to cancel the order and he also said that he fixed the issue.

I don’t know how he did that because I made that changes and that changes took action after a while. But he is asking me to cancel the order. So I contacted the fiverr and they said this:

Mean CS team is not ready to help me. I did my work and that buyer want that for free. How can I get out of this situation. I am afraid that If I will deliver the order he will put negative ratings. Is there no way to solve this, can any experienced seller help me?

Fiverr has already provided you with the steps to a solution. There is nothing else that we can tell you. Do as Fiverr has suggested – that is how this situation will be resolved.

Fiverr has already provided you with the steps to a solution. There is nothing else that we can tell you. Do as Fiverr has suggested – that is how this situation will be resolved.

So in this way this fraud will continue. Tomorrow if this will happened to you then?

You should avoid providing final files before his approval. just show him proofs first and get his confirmation first.
Fiverr CS can’t help you out! they want you to work with buyer and come into a solution, if buyer won’t accept your work unfortunately you have to refund him completely but in next time don’t ever give final products until your BUYER 100% happy with your work.

So in this way this fraud will continue. Tomorrow if this will happened to you then?

There is nothing fraud-related about this. You did the work that you were hired to do, and the buyer wants that work for free. The solution is simple, don’t let him have the work for free.

You should avoid providing final files before his approval. just show him proofs first and get his confirmation first.

Fiverr CS can’t help you out! they want you to work with buyer and come into a solution, if buyer won’t accept your work unfortunately you have to refund him completely but in next time don’t ever give final products until your BUYER 100% happy with your work.

This all happened in order. Now he is not accepting order to complete it as he want work for free. So CS cannot save his sellers from this fraud. OK this is only $5 but now I am afraid for tomorrow if this happened again then, I will work and then he will say cancel it I am not satisfied.

There is nothing fraud-related about this. You did the work that you were hired to do, and the buyer wants that work for free. The solution is simple, don’t let him have the work for free.

I am afraid of negative ratings. If I will force him to accept the order then he will give me negative ratings.

I am afraid of negative ratings. If I will force him to accept the order then he will give me negative ratings.

You have two choices…

1.) Agree to cancel, and let him have the work for free.

2.) Learn to accept negative ratings, and move on. You did nothing wrong here. Don’t let the buyer win.

This all happened in order. Now he is not accepting order to complete it as he want work for free. So CS cannot save his sellers from this fraud. OK this is only $5 but now I am afraid for tomorrow if this happened again then, I will work and then he will say cancel it I am not satisfied.

So CS cannot save his sellers from this fraud.

Please go look up the word “fraud” in the dictionary. What you are experiencing is not fraud.

Is this not fraud. That buyer is threatening me that cancel the order otherwise he will put negative ratings.

Is this not fraud. That buyer is threatening me that cancel the order otherwise he will put negative ratings.

No it is not fraud. It’s extortion. Don’t let him win. You completed the work he hired you to do. You should get paid for that work. If he leaves a negative review, you are able to post a response to his review. Use your response to explain the situation for future buyers.

What is the solution if buyer order you GIG and complete his task of fixing issues on his website then he change the password of login there. And then he says to cancel the order otherwise I will put negative ratings there. So what is solutions for that?

I understand you, because I faced on samething. there is nothing we could do, just do your best with client

What is the solution if buyer order you GIG and complete his task of fixing issues on his website then he change the password of login there. And then he says to cancel the order otherwise I will put negative ratings there. So what is solutions for that?

Fiverr already told you the solution. There is no other “solution” that goes around what Fiverr told you. You know what to do. Please stop trying to find a different solution, just because you don’t like the answer Fiverr gave you. Fiverr tried to help you… and you are ignoring Fiverr.

I suppose in future you could screenshot the changes made (before and after screenshots), if the changes are made only on a particular server, so you have proof of what you changed to fix the problem the buyer had or as proof of the work you did (with a record of the date & time). If you were allowed to edit any files locally (eg. on your PC) you could use them as proof.

But for now, if he is trying to cancel, and you did the work the buyer asked (eg. fixed the problem with his site) then continue to decline and and state as clearly and fully as possible the changes you did and work you did (eg. that fixed the issues with the site or that shows you did the work asked), stating that you did the work as described (and fixed the issues as asked - assuming the issues were fixed by the work done).

brother, Trust me its happening Everyday . Everywhere is bad people. we cant escape from them . really we are totally helpless, Nothing we can do .

really we are totally helpless, Nothing we can do .

That’s not true. You can stand by your work and expect to be paid for your time and talents. Don’t be taken advantage of, even the TOS backs you.

Hi All,

But after a hour he said that everything is working fine

Take a screenshot of him saying that and send it to customer support on the same ticket.

Archived