Buyer wants refund after completed order

hampusfive

Recently I got a customer that placed an order, I did everything that the customer wanted and the customer gave me a 5 star rating. But the problem now is that the customer came back and wants a refund even though the customer gave me a 5 star rating. Do I have to refund the customer or should I keep the money? What does the policy say about that?

• Like 22
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello @hampusfive,

Hope you are doing well. Same thing happened with me year before. Buyer placed the order and after completion even after giving feedback he asked me to refund or to do more work.

Don’t worry just go to the order page and go to resolution center. This is obvious the buyers send you some messages related to refund, just share that screenshots with resolution center and wait for the reply. Your issue will be resolved soon. And yes, if you are sincere than no need to be worry about anything but, if you are not sincere or you did anything wrong while delivering the order, you will have to refund as resolution center is sincere enough.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Recently I got a customer that placed an order, I did everything that the customer wanted and the customer gave me a 5 star rating. But the problem now is that the customer came back and wants a refund even though the customer gave me a 5 star rating. Do I have to refund the customer or should I keep the money? What does the policy say about that?

Do I have to refund the customer or should I keep the money?

If you did the work, delivered it, and your buyer accepted delivery, you absolutely do not need to refund them. Politely tell your buyer that you are sorry, but you delivered the work they requested and that as such, you are under no obligation to offer a refund.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

Solution:
Step 1) First you should be convince this client If have any issue your work you should be fix this problem.
Step 2) If customer only need refund you should be contact customer support Attached (order requirement, all major conversation, client approval msg screenshot). Remember question yourself you are right or wrong.

thanks.

• Like 11

The thing is that I tried using the files myself and everything worked fine, the files is in the correct size.

Ok, but the point is not that you can read the files or you think they are correct, the client seems to think they are wrong, or they cannot get them to work. So, I would write back to the client and ask them what size these files were supposed to be - try to get to the root of why they are not working for them. Just because they work for you does not mean the client is either missing something in how to work the files or are confused about them.

GG

• Like 11

Ok, but the point is not that you can read the files or you think they are correct, the client seems to think they are wrong, or they cannot get them to work. So, I would write back to the client and ask them what size these files were supposed to be - try to get to the root of why they are not working for them. Just because they work for you does not mean the client is either missing something in how to work the files or are confused about them.

GG

I have asked the client to say what size the files need to be and I sent the exact size that the client wanted. So the size is right and I’ve tried it myself, so I think the client tries to get the money back even though the files is the correct size and is working.

• Like 10

I have asked the client to say what size the files need to be and I sent the exact size that the client wanted. So the size is right and I’ve tried it myself, so I think the client tries to get the money back even though the files is the correct size and is working.

In that case, yes, I think the client may be acting a bit shifty here to get free work. Send all your documentation (messages with this seller showing you have done all you can to make it right) to customer service to show you have no reason to cancel this project or sale.

GG

• Like 10

In that case, yes, I think the client may be acting a bit shifty here to get free work. Send all your documentation (messages with this seller showing you have done all you can to make it right) to customer service to show you have no reason to cancel this project or sale.

GG

Will do, thanks for taking your time answering my questions!

• Like 8

Solution:

Step 1) First you should be convince this client If have any issue your work you should be fix this problem.

Step 2) If customer only need refund you should be contact customer support Attached (order requirement, all major conversation, client approval msg screenshot). Remember question yourself you are right or wrong.

thanks.

Great replay, I agree with you 👌

• Like 9

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/27/2020 at 7:50 PM, visualstudios said:

You can’t refund him even if you wanted. Once an order is completed and rated (or even just completed), the money starts clearing. Sellers have no option to refund the buyer once that happens, there’s nothing you can click on that will return their money to them.

I'm having the same problem, could I know when the time comes that the order is just auto-complete by the system, could the customer still get the refund while the money starts clearing for 14 days? I'm worried that my work would be put to nonsense after that.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, zionartsgraphic said:

I'm having the same problem, could I know when the time comes that the order is just auto-complete by the system, could the customer still get the refund while the money starts clearing for 14 days? I'm worried that my work would be put to nonsense after that.

Yes a buyer can still get a refund but only through processing it with Customer Support. A buyer or seller will still be able to cancel the order while it is not yet marked complete. However, once an order is marked complete (or automatically marked complete) attempting to cancel it through the order page will just show a message telling you to contact Customer Support if you have issues with the order.

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Yes a buyer can still get a refund but only through processing it with Customer Support. A buyer or seller will still be able to cancel the order while it is not yet marked complete. However, once an order is marked complete (or automatically marked complete) attempting to cancel it through the order page will just show a message telling you to contact Customer Support if you have issues with the order.

How about when the order is automatically marked as completed, could the buyer still raise a refund to the Customer Support while the money starts clearing for 14 days?

• Like 7