This is what happened -
- Buyer contacted me with details of the job and told me his budget is $50-$200.
- I agreed with the details and sent him a custom offer request of $200. He accepted that without any question.
- Upon starting the order, he sent another task list with lots of extra stuffs on it. I did not complain and started working on it.
- After delivery he sent a list of questions and modifications.
- I answered all of his questions and more modifications were there. All those were completed.
- At the last, when everything was about to be finished, he asked me to change placement of an element. I changed it and he said it needed to be on another place (I assume it was intentional). As his instruction was confusing, I requested to send me a screenshot of where he wanted the element exactly; it was a quick two minutes fix anyway.
- That’s where the problem started. He started a dispute claiming I can’t do the job and he will offer $50.
- I opened a support ticket and was told to come to a solution with the client amicably.
I contacted the buyer further and told him if he got more modifications to do, I am fine with that. But no refund is possible.
All he wants is getting refund. Meantime, he is using my work and removed all my access from the site. Its clearly visible that this is a fraudulent attempt and if this continues more people will use the trick to get work done for free.
Let me know guys what you would do on such situations and what will be the best practice to follow here.