Buyer wants to cancel the extra item that he ordered

My gig buyer ordered some extra item with the order and now he wants to cancel it and get only the original order.

He has gone ahead and created a full order cancelation request with a title “Extra item needs to be cancelled”.

Should I go ahead and accept that request or decline it? what will happen in each case?

Will Fiverr support be able to understand while canceling the order that they only need to cancel the extra item?

UPDATE: I opened a ticket with support, they refunded the extra item amount to the buyer successfully and said that this will not affect my account rating negatively. Thank you @miiila !!

If the buyer wants the delivery of the original order without the gig extras…
I guess what you should do is cancel the whole order ( you can’t cancel only gig extra as far I know ) then you should request a new offer regarding your original price of your gig without gig extra then deliver the Final result…

Beside that you can contact the Support regarding this and se how they deal with this topic…
Best regards…

If the buyer wants the delivery of the original order without the gig extras…

I guess what you should do is cancel the whole order ( you can’t cancel only gig extra as far I know ) then you should request a new offer regarding your original price of your gig without gig extra then deliver the Final result…

Beside that you can contact the Support regarding this and se how they deal with this topic…

Best regards…

How do I contact the support? I mean is there a live chat or a support forum of fiverr team?

In a normal order I go to resolution center and select the option/issue. I do not have the option for this one because the buyer has opened a dispute already.

Hi Aamir, and welcome to the forum.

The quoted text below is Fiverr’s recommendation regarding a partial refund (found under the link below, there’s lots of useful info there, provided directly by Fiverr, it’s worth reading the whole thing IMO, as you’ll know how you can handle certain situations “technically” before they even happen, and time can be important, depending on the deadline).

You’ll have one cancellation like that though, but that can’t be helped unless you can convince the buyer to stick with the extra, or maybe offer something else instead that they might have a use for?
You can try opening a ticket with support and hope they can cancel the order without it affecting your stats but there’s no guarantee, it depends on their guidelines and your exact case, I think. But perhaps getting the new order will balance that cancellation somewhat.

Can I partially cancel/refund an order?

Orders can not be partially canceled or refunded at this time. Once an order is created and there is a need to partially cancel/refund your Buyer, we recommend that you ask your Buyer to place a new order. Once that new order is created and then marked as complete, you can cancel the original order.

favicon-32x32.png.5bcf59c2c2674a3dc1e79d7469805bfc.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.8936a3dbac5bb40647730d8ff981e221.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Archived