Buyer wants to cancel the work

hunterlancelot

I offer logo and branding in one package. A buyer recently placed an order. As usual I started working on logo first. After working on some revisions he liked one of the concept and asked to slightly modify it which I did and sent him in just 2 minutes

132933681_400975800959795_4794112448506528701_n.thumb.jpg.42f61bbd1ad7e2a23d3a3b2a421ac8a4.jpg
132933681_400975800959795_4794112448506528701_n391×848 30.3 KB

He didn’t reply until 6 days later(between that time I also sent couple more variation, just to give him more choice on that modification) and this was the text I received
133375620_1011017145974793_3600704348654148985_n.jpg.6b108bdf17627331781cc90641c1028a.jpg
133375620_1011017145974793_3600704348654148985_n945×461 28.4 KB

So I am in a dilemma what to do. Please suggest me. Thanks and Happy New Year in advance.

You need to find out what he means by ‘closing the loop’. It’s an ambiguous phrase. I could interpret it as ‘stop working, we’ll let the order complete, and you’ll get your money no problem’ or I could interpret it as ‘cancel the order so I get a refund’.

I would politely message the buyer and ask what they mean. Don’t you mention a refund though! Just ask what they mean by closing the loop.

If they tell you they want to cancel the order, then that of course is not fair and breaches the terms of service. This of course is a separate battle. Find out first what they mean.

I looked over your Gigs.

Your fatal mistake is offering unlimited revisions.

I would remove that from all your Gigs ASAP as you will continue to have the odd Buyer take advantage of that.

As for this situation (my opinion) I would cancel the order and move on.

Use it as a lesson and remove all mention of unlimited revisions from your Gigs, profile, etc.

You need to find out what he means by ‘closing the loop’. It’s an ambiguous phrase. I could interpret it as ‘stop working, we’ll let the order complete, and you’ll get your money no problem’ or I could interpret it as ‘cancel the order so I get a refund’.

I would politely message the buyer and ask what they mean. Don’t you mention a refund though! Just ask what they mean by closing the loop.

If they tell you they want to cancel the order, then that of course is not fair and breaches the terms of service. This of course is a separate battle. Find out first what they mean.

Yes, this is what I was wondering. I texted him but he didn’t reply. It’s been 1 week since he last texted me. He hasn’t been active after that.

I looked over your Gigs.

Your fatal mistake is offering unlimited revisions.

I would remove that from all your Gigs ASAP as you will continue to have the odd Buyer take advantage of that.

As for this situation (my opinion) I would cancel the order and move on.

Use it as a lesson and remove all mention of unlimited revisions from your Gigs, profile, etc.

Thank you so much for mentioning! I actually forgot that. I actually didn’t have any client requesting for modification more than once. I usually send them as attachment(not deliver them).

I also have no problem offering revisions. But I will limit them. Thanks!

Yes, this is what I was wondering. I texted him but he didn’t reply. It’s been 1 week since he last texted me. He hasn’t been active after that.

In that case I would be tempted to leave things alone.

The order will either auto complete (remember this is 7 days at the moment, not 3 days) and the buyer will or won’t leave feedback.

Or the buyer will request a cancellation in the coming days (even though they’d be wrong to do this).

But maybe it’s best not to chase this now. You’ve asked for clarification. Leave it with them.

In that case I would be tempted to leave things alone.

The order will either auto complete (remember this is 7 days at the moment, not 3 days) and the buyer will or won’t leave feedback.

Or the buyer will request a cancellation in the coming days (even though they’d be wrong to do this).

But maybe it’s best not to chase this now. You’ve asked for clarification. Leave it with them.

The deadline is approaching. I also got couple more notification saying that buyer will have 7 days to review. Does that mean order will get auto complete in 7 days or usual?

If I remember correctly buyer had 10 days to put feedback. And I don’t mind if he doesn’t want to put feedback or not.

[sorry, just checked my mail it was extended to 7 days from 3]

I will deliver the files on the January 1st with explaining everything. Probably it’s best for both of us.

Happy New Year

Archived