Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer Wants To interview me

My client has not placed order till now, but he does want to interview me. For that he will use zoom or skypie i guess. I am new here, so is it allowed to do video call or anything. Please let me know

1 Like

Short answer: No, not allowed.

Longer answer: All communication outside Fiverr is strictly forbidden. That includes video calls. Particularly when your gigs have nothing to do with “interviews”.

You have no reviews. It seems likely that the buyer’s aim is some kind of scam - probably the Up verk scam …

Don’t put your account in danger. Read the terms of service carefully - you’ll find a link to it at the bottom of the fiverr home page.

7 Likes

This buyer is a genuine one, he is here from jan 2019. He has got all 5 star reviews from sellers. Thats Why i am totally confused about what to do.
I am like " I Dont want to miss my first order."

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

The above is from the Terms of Service.

Listen to what @coerdelion said.

Refer your buyer to the Terms of Service. If you agree to this you will risk your account.

2 Likes

I know you don’t want to miss a first order - and sympathise. But the truth is that some buyers - even if they have lots of 5* reviews! - are scummy. They pick on newbies because they know they’re vulnerable and desperate.

You’re a newbie, Nish - any request like the one you describe is a Big Red Flag :red_square: - don’t be banned before you’ve even started …

7 Likes

OK i have considered your advice, and texted him that i wont be able to do the interview. Hope i get my first order soon. Fingers Crossed

1 Like

Best Suggestion ever.

2 Likes

Thank you for reminding of new seller like me too bruh. 4 thumbs for you :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Sorry probably wrong topic, as a newbie I placed my first gig and got nothing. Suddenly someone contacted me asking me to write a review on trustpilot and google reviews on their website services and they will provide content.
As this is nothing to do with my original gig posted, I’m wondering if this is actually genuine, there is no photo of the person and there seems to be a lot of 5stars reviews.
Or is it perhaps like mentioned above just selecting newbies, I am about to add more gigs so don’t want to shoot myself in the foot before I actually start or get into trouble if it isn’t genuine.

This buyer is not genuine. They want to interview you so that they can ask you to work for a discounted rate or even for free by providing them with a free sample.

If you want to see for certain. tell them that you can offer a paid consultation for $50. However, you will need to get permission from Fiverr first. I guarantee that even if you knock the price down to $5 for a consultation, your buyer will say no or ask you in that consultation to work for less than your usual rate on their project.

Try the above, and I guarantee things will work out exactly as I have described.

Most importantly of all NEVER give any personal information to buyers like this.

2 Likes

They send out a lot of these messages to lots of people hoping someone will bite. It’s against fiverr terms of service to write paid reviews.

Thank you for replying, I did think it seemed dodgy but thought best to check.