Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer wants to Mutually cancel the Job But Its effect My "ORDER COMPLETION". How can i do but no effect on Order Completion. Please Help me

Dear All Expert

I had to cancel more than 03 orders within this month. I have no problems from my side.

The first order canceled, This buyer has winding up their company.

2nd Buyer, she started time schedule but she did not give me any information. After two days gone, She sent me canceled the order, I have to approve it without any reason.

3rd order canceled, He had COVID-19, he wanted to cancel the order.

Now my order completion rate reached 95 to 85.

I am expecting Good advice, IF I WILL DO SAME IN THE FUTURE BUT NO EFFECT IN MY ORDER COMPLETION REPORT OR RATE

5 Likes

First of all, you need to stop expecting things from other people. Don’t expect perfection as a seller, and don’t expect all of us to drop what we are doing to give advice.

You did not have to accept those cancellation requests, so it isn’t your buyers’ fault for those orders being cancelled. YOU cancelled the order (by accepting the requests “without any reasons”), so YOU earned the drop in cancellation rate. You could have worked with the buyers to better understand their reasons for cancelling. Fiverr has an order cancellation rate to encourage sellers NOT to blindly cancel orders.

As for any advice, now that the cancellations have gone through… as much as you may dislike hearing this, what’s done is done. You have an 85% rating, and that will remain on your account, either for the next 60 days (when the cancellations drop off your 60-day Analytics), or until you complete more orders.

That is how Fiverr works.

9 Likes

“Order Completion” will affect my current getting order?

3 Likes

Yes, surely it does. The more orders you will complete the rate will go up.

and if something like this comes up, Tell the buyer to contact CS to cancel their order from there. It worked for me more than 4 times and when CS cancels the order because its buyers problem not yours and you haven’t done anything wrong, The cancellation rate will not drop.

and before anyone barge up on me, i am just telling my own experience.

5 Likes

Thanks for your more effective full practical experience .

3 Likes

Damn dude, no need to be so harsh. A simple “Be careful, accepting cancellations hurt you not them” would’ve sufficed. The man is obviously distressed.

2 Likes

I wasn’t harsh, I was honest. I am not someone to provide only what users want to hear. I speak the truth, and the truth can often he harder than people want it to be. This is the persona I have presented here on the Fiverr forums for years. And, in fact, I have heard from many users that it actually spurred them to think objectively, and earn their success.

Please don’t assume that there is only one way to help people.

It is also worth noting, the OP did complain, use all-caps, and demanded good advice. I provided what he asked for. It’s also worth noting that I was correcting a false understanding where the OP omitted his own responsibility within the actions that he was complaining about. I believe my response, therefore, was appropriate, measured in a similar tone, and helpful.

There are always two sides to every issue and complaint. Not everything is “the buyer’s fault”.

3 Likes

Thanks for your advice