Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer wants to send his product for my video service

Hi. I’ve been confused as to what the rules are. The buyer wants to send his product for me to make video using it. Can I share my personal details (address, number) with the buyer so he can ship the product?

2 Likes

I’m sure you are aware that sharing personal details that involves working outside of fiverr platform is against the rules.

1 Like

You can consider purchasing the same product the buyer has to make the video. Of course, cost should be considered as well.

1 Like

Definitely. Hence the question. I also know that:

1. Sellers are allowed by Fiverr to ship physical products, and
  2. Some sellers also have “unboxing video” services which require sending products.

This is impossible without sharing details. Really need more guidance on the subject

1 Like

Their new product isn’t available in my country. They want a video to “advertise” its use.

1 Like

Then I think you have to contact CS on it.

1 Like

I messaged them yesterday… Thought I’d check with the community too if anyone knows about it because I’m still waiting for a response from them. Thank you <3

1 Like

Don’t do this. You’re putting your money forward, will have to wait at least 14 days to get it back (minus 20% Fiverr fee), and if the order is canceled for some reason, not only you made 0, you actually lost money.

The terms of service are clear - no personal info must be shared unless needed for the gig. Filming a product means getting the product is needed. It’s not against TOS to give a delivery address for that.

2 Likes

Yes, you can share your address if you’re comfortable with it! Fiverr allows such stuff when it’s necessary. Like for an unboxing video!

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you! Will I need to “create order” first and write my contact num & address on the form?

1 Like

According to the info I got from support, the exchange of contact info (only if really needed for a gig, but that shouldn’t be an issue in your case) has to be
on the order page, i.e., yes, after an order got created,
not in inbox chat; also they said it
needs to be in the gig and the
gig needs to be pre-approved for that by Fiverr (I guess so they can deny it for gigs where they don’t deem an exchange of contact info necessary).

So, yes, but only under the above conditions, as far as I’ve been told, and it’s probably best to ask support to “approve your gig” for that contact info exchange, to be safe, and because sometimes conditions/policies change.

2 Likes

If you need to film a physical product it’s not appropriate for Fiverr. And anyway, there is no way the cost of gig makes up.for the hassle.

Don’t accommodate entitled, unreasonable buyers. I know you want work, but that doesn’t mean this is wise.

1 Like

Sharing personal information is against fiverr policy, you either contact fiverr Costumer service or better still purchase the product as suggested above that would make you play safe…

So, since people are saying that it may be unsafe, don’t give him your full address. Maybe like your neighbourhood’s. So, you can still take it, without sharing your address!

That’s not okay either.

Hm… Well, I mean we’ve told them that it’s allowed if it’s necessary, now it’s up to them! :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone! CS said I could check the description of this service and if it is for this purpose, I can send them the shipping information

1 Like