Buyer wants to take conversation off the app - is this allowed?

I am new to Fiverr so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I just got a message in my inbox from a buyer. They talked to me a bit, but then sent me a link to a google sheet. The google sheet lists their whatsapp, viber, and ■■■■■ handles and a mysterious job (no details are included) with monthly pay. Is this a scam? I tried getting more details from them via the fiverr app, but they insist that I contact them in another way. I feel uncomfortable doing that, and I’m not even sure that’s allowed. Does anybody else have experience with this? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you.

Hi there @jessicaweber839. No question is a dumb question? It is good that you bring this up. I received 7 of those scam messages in my first 3 weeks since joining Fiverr. I asked the same question you did and glad I did because these are scammers trying to get you to work for FREE. Mostly they targeting new unexperienced sellers!!

Owh and welcome to Fiverr. Best of luck!!

Kindly, Humberto

tenor.gif.78d925006685e0cb5d262d3de4c17870.gif

Hi there @jessicaweber839. No question is a dumb question? It is good that you bring this up. I received 7 of those scam messages in my first 3 weeks since joining Fiverr. I asked the same question you did and glad I did because these are scammers trying to get you to work for FREE. Mostly they targeting new unexperienced sellers!!

Owh and welcome to Fiverr. Best of luck!!

Kindly, Humberto

:roll_eyes:

Be wary of anyone who asks you to communicate off of Fiverr. There is no reason to do so. 🤨

Also, since you are a lovely looking young lady, many “buyers” may just be seeking attention from you. 😉

I received 7 of those scam messages in my first 3 weeks since joining Fiverr.

Edit to Add: @hum_on_the_go, and lady “buyers” may seek to communicate with handsome young men too!😉

This type of “buyer” often target new sellers; they know that the new sellers do not know the rules because they have not read the TOS, as @lloydsolutions mentioned. :roll_eyes:

Be wary of anyone who asks you to communicate off of Fiverr. There is no reason to do so. 🤨

Also, since you are a lovely looking young lady, many “buyers” may just be seeking attention from you. 😉

I received 7 of those scam messages in my first 3 weeks since joining Fiverr.

Edit to Add: @hum_on_the_go, and lady “buyers” may seek to communicate with handsome young men too!😉

Hmmm @vickiespencer and don’t forget beautiful clever ladies like yourself too :hugs:

Guest arthur67

As the others said, you don’t want too!! They want your work for free or they’re just trying to get to sign up for a new place!! (I’ve been through this before…)

As long as you encounter anything suspicious like this, you better avoid working for them.
Some of them are even worse, they place their order directly without contacting you first after the delivery they go and cancel the payment on paypal and there is no way for you to get this money back. Hope one day Fiverr can prevent this from happening.

Archived