Buyer wants to use my work as her portfolio

waseemque

Hello,

I’ve a recent chat with someone, she wanted my designed work to show under her profile in order to get leads. I don’t have issues doing that but I just wanted to know if that may go against Fiverr’s policies or put my profile at risk?

I’ll not put work I do for her under my profile portfolio if the work proceeds.

Kindly guide me through that.

Thanks.

It’s things like that gives 5r a bad reputation and the reason, buyers like me, get scammed into thinking a seller is a professional when they deliver garbage.

I don’t know what you’re selling but I, as a frequent buyer, would appreciate it if you advised her against it. It could very well be against TOS.

Your buyer wants to trick her potential customers into pretending she did work that she didn’t actually do. Do you really need to ask if that is allowed?

Why would you even contemplate helping a buyer deceive people? And why do you not see how morally wrong that is?

It’s your work, she didn’t do it, it shouldn’t be in her profile.

I’m not that familiar with Fiverr’s TOS and it might not put your profile at risk, but deceiving buyers to order based on a standard that might not be met by the end of the gig is just dishonest and fraudulent, if anything, it could put her profile at risk if someone decides to order and notices the quality or style is not the same.

It’s things like that gives 5r a bad reputation and the reason, buyers like me, get scammed into thinking a seller is a professional when they deliver garbage.

@gina_riley2 is correct, people already think Fiverr is just a site full of scammers, people who use this site regularly shouldn’t do things like these that contribute to that reputation.

Hello,

I’ve a recent chat with someone, she wanted my designed work to show under her profile in order to get leads. I don’t have issues doing that but I just wanted to know if that may go against Fiverr’s policies or put my profile at risk?

I’ll not put work I do for her under my profile portfolio if the work proceeds.

Kindly guide me through that.

Thanks.

I don’t have issues doing that

Just speechless! 😮

Definition of fraudulent: characterized by, based on, or done by fraud : deceitful

Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:

Illegal or Fraudulent services

Edit: The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Dear Pros! Thanks for your views. I really got the point that if someone uses my name to promote themselves is definitely a wrong doing. A fake label, misguiding people.

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful comments.

The problem is that you should already know that fraud and deception are wrong. You shouldn’t need us to teach you basic ethics.

May be it’s against TOS. It would be better if you contact with fiverr support

We’ve already established that it is and explained why. No need to repeat it.

Of course fraud and deception are against the ToS. You don’t need to consult CS for something you can find out by reading the ToS and being an ethical human being.

They are swamped right now largely because of needless queries just like this one.

Archived