Hi guys and gals!
As a new member I need your take on this …
- A buyer places an order for a $5 flyer delivered in high res .jpg (as stated in my Gig Descriptions). In the Gig there’s Gig Extras, among them the option to get the flyer in high res .PDF for an extra fiver. Now - all this is stated in my gig instructions.
- I deliver the order within 24 hrs. The buyer waits to request modifications and when he does my gig loses it’s express status as it reads “LATE DELIVERY”.
- I deliver a few modifications in med res. The buyer is happy and content with the design but asks me for the high res files and claims he’ll mark the order as completed once I deliver the flyer in high res.
- I deliver the flyer in high res .jpg precisely as stated in my gig descr, and now consider the order completed.
- The buyer now requests the .PDF and .PSD file for free and when I remind him to read through my Gig Descr and send in an extra fiver for the extra services, he refuses, blatantly accuses me of trying to “make extra money by ripping him off” and says the .jpg is useless for him unless he received the .PDF and .PSD file. I once again clarify that I require $5 extra for the core files and remind him of that it’s all there in my Gig Descrip.
- The buyer requests a cancelation, already having received the original, high res. jpg (and is using it on his website!!) and wants his $5 back.
Stupid, I’d say. Already contacted support and they state they can’t “make” anybody accept a delivery.
So how do you guys go on about solving these situations? Do you give away the Extra for free cause you’re afraid of bad reviews or do you stand your ground?
EDIT: I’m thinking about posting a screenshot of the conversation here to warn other sellers of the buyers approach to get free graphics and services, is that allowed? Or am I not to name any names?