Fiverr Community Forum

Buyer will not say what's wrong with order

I have an order that I completed and it was rejected with only “ok” as a reason why. I asked the buyer to clarify what was wrong with the order so that I can fix it, but they will not give me anything to work off of. They want a revision, but have not given me a reason for the revision. I’m trying to get them to tell me what is bothering them about the order. I have no problem doing a revision, but it’s really annoying to have to guess what’s wrong. We’re not five years old. If there is something wrong, say it and the problem will be fixed. At the rate this is going, I do not see us coming to an agreement.

Should I ask for a mutual cancellation? Mind you that they did not message me before placing an order like I’ve asked in all my gigs. Neither did they include a good quality photo like I asked. Something tells me I should have cancelled the order beforehand, seeing as they did not follow directions. Should have trusted my gut that this one would be a bad one.

Thank you for reading my rant.

Word is getting around that if you’re a pain, you’ll get your money back and you get the work for FREE! I refuse to refund to people like that and it says so in my description. BUT if the buyer complains to Customer Service with “I don’t like it” they WILL get their money back. All has happened to me recently.

I ended up doing a mutual cancellation, and I have screenshots just in case something happens with this person again. $4 is not worth the frustration. I honestly wish people would read the gig requirements and be good people, but maybe that is too much to ask.
Well, I learned my lesson. And if I find the person using my work when we cancelled, I will be reporting it.

Thank you for listening to my rant. I hope business gets better for you, fastadking, and thank you for the support, kjblynx.

Unfortunately, some buyers don’t take the time to read the gig description. So despite bolding and highlighting “Contact me before ordering”, they won’t see it.

Have you tried making this at the very top of your gig description so that it stands out when a buyer looks at the gig page? This can prevent future trouble.

I’m glad your problem has been “solved” through the mutual cancellation. Unfortunately, you will most likely experience a few more buyers like this (about 1 in every 50 orders, I guess).

You can always reverse image (I think that’s what it’s called?) the image to see if it’s being used without your permission. Oddly, some buyers copy/paste my gig descriptions word-for-word! That issue gets solved, though. :slight_smile:

Best of luck!