Buyer won't agree to cancel order

silviatx

Question

I am having a problem with a buyer. He sent me a very short document of approximately 200 words and asked if I could proofread this gig. It was a poorly translated document and my gig clearly indicates that I charge extra for such documents, but since the document was very short I agreed to do it. He then ordered the gig and sent me a document of almost 1500 words. I tried to cancel the order because of this reason, but he declined the cancelation.
What do I do now?

10 answers to this question

Be polite and firm and re-send a “Mutual Cancellation” with a neutral statement saying buyer’s requirements exceed what the gig offers at the price… etc.

At the same time take screenshots of the previous exchanges and declines and open a ticket with customer support.

I would suggest trying to find a compromise. Send them a custom extra for whatever amount is reasonable and say you can do the work when they pay the extra. Point them to your gig description which clearly explains what you have said above so they have no real argument.
If this doesn’t work then what DJ says above is probably the way to go. 

I’ve got a buyer who is trying to underbuy a project. Basically looking for a 75% discount on voiceover. I explained to him repeatedly that my rat card hasn’t changed, and that he is asking for much more audio than my rate card clearly lists. He replies with a “do it for me cheap, then I’ll pay regular price next time” excuse (we’ve all seen those, haven’t we?). I ask, once again, to pay full price, or cancel the order. He chooses to remain silent. So, hours later, I move to cancel the order. Fiverr does not allow me to do so, unless mutually agreed to by buyer and seller. The buyer declines to cancel the order. How can I proceed? How can I cancel this order, and block the buyer from doing this to me again?

I’ve got a buyer who is trying to underbuy a project. Basically looking for a 75% discount on voiceover. I explained to him repeatedly that my rat card hasn’t changed, and that he is asking for much more audio than my rate card clearly lists. He replies with a “do it for me cheap, then I’ll pay regular price next time” excuse (we’ve all seen those, haven’t we?). I ask, once again, to pay full price, or cancel the order. He chooses to remain silent. So, hours later, I move to cancel the order. Fiverr does not allow me to do so, unless mutually agreed to by buyer and seller. The buyer declines to cancel the order. How can I proceed? How can I cancel this order, and block the buyer from doing this to me again?

You can just wait 3 days and if they would decline cancellation request it will just be just automatically marked cancelled.

If they still refuse to cancel you can contact fiverr customer support and ask them to cancel it on your behalf.

Well, I think the best line of action is to involve Support… Open a ticket and leave detailed complaint with proof of the buyer’s sly tactics. I think that should at least shield you from a bad rating but it may affect your completed orders stat. 🙂

Just contact CS with clear axplanation and don’t deliver an empty gig like someone above mentioned. Let the CS handle it, they are good at this. And remember to present neatly to save their some time. You do nothing wrong so no need to worry.

I’m doing translation services and I charge 10 per 100 words. Sometimes I have buyers ordering a 10 gig for a 2000 word document, mostly because they didn’t read the description carefully. I don’t cancel the offer, because Fiverr would basically only punish me, since my completion rate goes down. What I do in those cases is: I just translate the first 100 words or the 100 words of his choice. That’s what they ordered so that’s what I deliver. Never got a 1 star review so far, but I would dispute it for sure. After all, you can’t let yourself become a slave of fraudulent buyers and sometimes I feel like we need more protection from Fiverr.

Archived