Buyer Won't Respond, Please Help

akiharo

Hi,

I’m still getting used to Fiverr and read another forum about this problem, but I’m still not sure what to do. So here’s what happened… A customer contacted me and gave me some information on what he wanted. He didn’t give me too much to go on, but I pretty much made his flier with the information he gave me. I messaged him with the file of the finished flier (without delivering) and he has not responded in two days. I’m not sure what to do because he ordered my gig as extra fast so the gig is due tomorrow sometime. I checked out his Fiverr page and its blank. So here are my general questions.

1. Should I deliver what I have done? I’m afraid that he might leave bad feedback and say I didn’t do it as advertised or something. I plan on offering him a free revision if I missed the point, but still…

2. I’m still new-Ish on here and I have never had this problem before so… How do I request or do a “mutual cancellation”

3. How do I offer a refund or refund the customer?

4. How do I contact Fiverr customer support if he leaves negative feed back?

5. Any other suggestions you might have.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Deliver the order, sometimes you never hear back from them at all. If you’re prepared to make some changes, mention that - but it puts you in a difficult position of when to stop if they haven’t been clear in what they wanted in the first place. and you’ve not requested any further clarification before doing the work.

The cancel gig button is at the top of the page, it’s not particularly obvious and somewhat difficult to find as it’s in small type which says “resolution center.” Click on that, and it will give you options, but I wouldn’t cancel this one.

When you type customer support into a post on the forum, it automatically makes a link to customer support, so just click on that. Again though, I wouldn’t contact them unless you absolutely needed to.

My other suggestion would be - if you don’t get much info from the customer, it makes it difficult to complete the work. I always ask for more info before the order proceeds - particularly with my video editing gigs where I get almost no information whatsoever when people inquire. A lot of times they don’t write back when I ask for clarification eg: you say you want to make a 5 minute video, how much raw content am I working with to make said video? How many edits are required? Are you giving me edit points and an order you want things and so forth.

Thank You for the advice alysmcdonough, I appreciate it. I just hope the buyer doesn’t yell at me about it, because I did try to contact him.
I have one other question. What happens if I run the timer out? Does it make my sales look bad?
thanks

Don’t worry, you’re jumping to a lot of conclusions here, but it does show why it’s important to get a good idea of exactly what the buyer wants before the gig starts - and you know that now, right? So it’s not going to happen again 🙂 If they are upset or whatever and they do leave you a bad feedback, perhaps offer to refund the gig - don’t do that yet, just deliver the gig! It’s important to deliver before the timer runs out, yes. I believe the express gig option is taken away if things aren’t delivered on time (but I’m not sure if that is still the case and whether it depends on what level seller someone is etc). You’ll see the stats on your to do page change for any orders delivered late also.

Reply to @alysmcdonough: Thank You for the advice alysmcdonough. And I did ask him for extra information. Basically he wanted me to make a flier for an English class that he is teaching and wanted the flier to " tell visitors that they have successfully arrived" at his class. I asked him for other information, like what time and where the class was. He didn’t respond and I got nervous, so I just made the flier based off the information he gave me.

I agree deliver the order you did the work! In a case like this I always write: “I am sorry you didn’t get the opportunity to reply to my message. Please allow me to deliver the order. Since the timer on the order is still running, I don’t want to be late. Feel free to contact me for modifications, I am here to help.” Keep in mind a late delivery will result in a negative feedback (the system leaves neg feedback ). Good luck with the order, I am sure everything will turn out great 😉

annai80 said: Keep in mind a late delivery will result in a negative feedback (the system leaves neg feedback ). Good luck with the order, I am sure everything will turn out great

Late delivery only results in automatic negative feedback left by the system if the order isn’t delivered within 24 hours of when it’s due and the buyer cancels the order.

Just as a quick question, to both of you. If a customer puts in a gig with minimal information and they opt for the “extra fast feature”. How long should I wait for them to respond? Also, I think it takes Fiverr about two days to automatically cancel the gig if the buyer is still unresponsive. But how am I supposed to request a cancelation if I the cancelation takes longer than the timer? Thanks.

Archived