Buyers beware from being conned into making advanced payment

I have recently been stung into pressing the accept button which meant payment was made in advance and the seller did not deliver on the goods. This a common tactic where the seller normally from the sub-continent would say please press the accept button over and over again confusing the buyer into making payment. Then this con artist does not do any of the work pocketing the money before hand please be aware of this con. Never make any advance payment on or off site to anyone!!!

This is really sad. How could this be a con. Just don’t hit the accept button. Click Decline if you haven’t received the product/service.

Have you reported this to Support and tried to get your money back?

I think you should contact Customer Support about this. This isn’t right.

Same here exact same thing happened to me. 350.00 gone and customer support can’t seem to do much about it. They have tried to contact the seller and no response. How does fiverr screen these sellers. This was my first time using fiverr and I am very disappointed. I don’t have money like this. I have been trying to get my money back for days now.

What are you talking about.

Fiverr is very useful for buyers and sellers.

I signed up on other sites, but there is no guarantee that you paid for each of your job.

There is money there goods.
That is the principle we as sellers.

And you get what you buy.
That principle buyer.

Then, you must read in full what you buy.
So you are not one step and make a decision.

Sellers are not supposed to start working until you order and pay in advance, but the seller doesn’t get the money then. Fiverr holds it in escrow. The sellers have to deliver your order to your satifaction, and if you click the “revision” button before 3 days, the seller has to revise or cancel and refund you. That’s not a con.

If you accept delivery or ignore it for 3 days after delivery, Fiverr assumes you are happy. Even then, the seller has to wait 14 days clearance to give you time to contact them about problems. If they don’t help you and you can prove a bad or non-delivery, Fiverr refunds you. If someone got your money after you had chances to fix or cancel for 2 weeks, how is that a scam? I buy and sell but have received refunds for every gig that went wrong.

In your case, it hasn’t been 14 days since you marked the gig complete. The seller does not yet have your money, Fiverr would have asked you to contact the seller and work it out. They don’t do that for you, but if you prove to them you got nothing, they don’t need to contact the seller, they just give you your refund as credit.

Fiverr does not screen every gig, there are too many. When you tell them a seller is doing wrong and you prove it, they discipline or ban the seller.

Don’t hit the accept button, problem solved, LOL.

LOL sellers tell you to hit the “accept” button again and again and again…

What about the PayPal configuration page? Anyways, please make sure that you raise a support ticket. Also, send them screenshots of whatever conversation you had with the seller.

I hope you got your money back. Contact Pay Pal or your bank & have the charges reversed.

The sellers on Fiverr are terrible. I REALLY have to find another site to hire from. The stress I encounter from all the negative experiences (not to mention lost time) are really getting to me. 99% of the sellers do NOT know what they are doing.

I had a Canadian bookkeeper back in April do terrible work, but it took me about 3 months to realize the issues. That’s dangerous because this is work for filing taxes. I had to rehire someone from another site to redo it, so I paid twice.

I just hired 2 writers to write a crowd funding project & I had issues with both.

The first one was clueless & couldn’t follow our conversation, plus Fiverr has bugs on their site which caused the order to not go throw.

The second one took the content I gave him/her & just plopped it in their own Word doc & called it their own. It was pretty much word for word what I gave her.

Now I’m trying to get my money back, but they are playing games canceling the order, then canceling the cancellation.

Buyers who do that get banned from Fiverr.

You can get your money back by canceling the order, or, if that doesn’t work, by contacting Customer Support.

You can refuse to accept an order if it is sub-par.

Also, sellers are not paid when you accept a custom offer / purchase a gig, you are just charged. Fiverr holds the money until after a successful delivery and will refund you if nessecary.

Hope this helps! Contact the seller or customer service, and you should be able to get this resolved.

If Fiverr isn’t going to refund the money, then I don’t think it will matter to the buyer. All buyers should contact Fiverr first though.

And just a note, that Fiverr is now taking money from you ON TOP of the money they already took from you when you ordered. This money is to deposit your money back into your bank account. Normally I would just keep it in my Fiverr account, but since the last few orders have been a total disaster, I don’t think I’m going to order from Fiverr ever again.

The stress just isn’t worth it.

I will now lose a lot of money just trying to get my money back because 2 sellers couldn’t do the job after I paid for the order.

Well, yes, it’s in the Terms of Service: “Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will not be refunded along with your deposit.”

The last time I did it I wasn’t charged to put it back into my bank account.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter, this is just one more reason I no longer trust Fiverr.

wow… and I thought buyers are the one’s with more rights as compared to seller. However, I still believe it because being a buyer i know how sellers can manipulate buyers. Still, sellers can simply goto resolve and can cancel the order. if there is more trouble the CS is always there to intervene and solve the issue.