There is not “nothing to do”
This is a worry but there will always be one or two scummy scrapers. It is up to us how we manage them overall by how we manage ourselves as individual sellers and as a group of sellers.
The less they have the opportunity, the less we see of them. Those types are lazy. My neighobr kept having her cigarettes stolen by a local boy (of 18 sigh). If the cigarettes weren’t left in her back courtyard the kid would not have kept coming back. They did however solve that problem very well in the end: someone waited for the kid to come over the fence and we held him until the Police came and took him away. The whole area got to know that we were not a soft target and no more sneaking slime.
What we must do as Sellers is to protect ourselves, not with mops and rude words (altho they do have their place). We need to:
- Remove all mention of many or infinite revisions
- Remove all mention of satisfaction guarantees
- Remove all mention of money back
- Remove all offers of doing lots of work for very little money. If the local person makes this thing for $500 our price must never be $5, $15, $25, $50 or even $150 for this thing.
- Make sure that the work that we do is actually good work, not what we can get away with, like using bots to do what should be skilled work as that is a lie in itself.
- Say No, when Red Flags of any kind appear. People who ask for more than they deserve or are willing to pay for. Things that no real-world provider would ever accept like ghost-writing a 30,000 word book in 3 days for $15, offensive language, threats, condescending tone…
Otherwise, we merely encourage the lazy and stupid to be in our lives. If all Sellers simply didn’t apply for all those vile BR, or people who show up expecting a real Ferrari for $5 at 2:00 AM they would be gone in a few months as the lazy would leave to find places they were less challenged.