Buyers Cancelling Orders

jeffry_designs

So I just wanted to see how many of you had to cancel an order just because the client did not read the gig description properly. How much did it impact your gig? Is it fair for the seller when Fiverr drops your gig ranking if it occurs more? I am really interested to hear your thoughts.

Hello,
I also had a cancellation recently and was like you @jeffry_designs very concerned about it. As a seller, you wish to keep your stats to the top in order to attract more business.
Though, I agree with @coerdelion .

Unfortunately, it’s something that can occur in our Fiverr journey.
The good news is that your delivery rate will only be impacted for a short amount of time (basically till you complete in time new orders). Moreover, the stats are viewing what happened in the last 60 days.
So, if you’re on Fiverr for the long run, soon your figures will recover.

I can share my story to put some perspective and help you understand this topic.
I got an order from a new buyer. He bought the gig “I will write content for your website” without providing me the very minimum to start writing. After two requested from me to extend the delivery time (because yes after 6 days I still didn’t receive anything to work with), I sen him a message to say kindly that he might as well cancel the order and buy again a gig when his website building will be more advanced.
He sent me a request to cancel the order he made. I accepted it. My figures dropped but recovered the day after. In the meantime, without having news from him I contacted Fiverr support to provide proofs of his disrespectful attitude.
I don’t know if my figures recovered so fast thanks to this…

Hope it helped you.
Regards.
SandrineIsen

That’s fouls totally buyer. But, some bad effect your gig and then you lost gig ranking for some times.

Don’t worry that’s simple issue

Yeah, it does not effect me a lot, only 2 times per month I believe. I just wanted to see what other sellers think of this.

Hello,

I also had a cancellation recently and was like you @jeffry_designs very concerned about it. As a seller, you wish to keep your stats to the top in order to attract more business.

The good news is that your delivery rate will only be impacted for a short amount of time (basically till you complete in time new orders). Moreover, the stats are viewing what happened in the last 60 days.

I can share my story to put some perspective and help you understand this topic.

I got an order from a new buyer. He bought the gig “I will write content for your website” without providing me the very minimum to start writing. After two requested from me to extend the delivery time (because yes after 6 days I still didn’t receive anything to work with), I sen him a message to say kindly that he might as well cancel the order and buy again a gig when his website building will be more advanced.

He sent me a request to cancel the order he made. I accepted it. My figures dropped but recovered the day after. In the meantime, without having news from him I contacted Fiverr support to provide proofs of his disrespectful attitude.

Hope it helped you.

Regards.

SandrineIsen

Hello,

Hope it helped you.

Regards.

SandrineIsen

Exactly. I pull extra hours and get more orders done as quickly as I can so that it does not effect much. Maybe Fiverr disregarded that cancellation and kept your current ranking as it is. You are so lucky.

Hello,

I agree with @sandrineisen , 2 months ago I have problem like you @jeffry_designs .
After I contact Fiverr Support and explain the buyer’s mistake, canceling the order will not affect my profile.
However, you must really convey the problem well to the Fiverr support, because they also really maintain the terms of service that they have set for buyers and sellers.

Hope this can help you

Hello,

I agree with @sandrineisen , 2 months ago I have problem like you @jeffry_designs .

After I contact Fiverr Support and explain the buyer’s mistake, canceling the order will not affect my profile.

However, you must really convey the problem well to the Fiverr support, because they also really maintain the terms of service that they have set for buyers and sellers.

Hope this can help you

Thank you for the input. I actually have not tried contacting Fiverr regarding this. Does the cancellation category we select has an impact on this?

Hello,

Hope it helped you.

Regards.

SandrineIsen

Just because we eventually will recover, it does not make the cancellation system error-free. There must be some mechanism of not penalizing the seller if there is no fault of him/her. Cancellation rate should be affected only if seller has delayed delivery or compromised with quality.

Thank you for the input. I actually have not tried contacting Fiverr regarding this. Does the cancellation category we select has an impact on this?

Yes of course, it will have an impact.

If you are doubtful to choose which category is appropriate, you can contact support first to ask their guidance.

Just because we eventually will recover, it does not make the cancellation system error-free. There must be some mechanism of not penalizing the seller if there is no fault of him/her. Cancellation rate should be affected only if seller has delayed delivery or compromised with quality.

Thanks for this information!

It makes it fairer this way indeed.

I am a newbie here on fiverr. Its been 6 months only,
But i got a simple way of going through this error system.

whenever a buyer places an order accidently or something happened on thier side as you know cancelation tactics, I simply ask them to contact CS and ask them to cancel your order.

Tada, No cancellation rate drops from my side. Trust me. Only 3 cancellations affected my overall rate which were mutual cancelation. Hope this helps.

It happens and it’s annoying. The good news is that your account will quickly recover as new buyers come along and you complete new sales.

Yes, but to a new comer it would be very difficult to work after this. Unlike other sellers, some get like 1 order per week. So this is why there should be a system in place. So, as per my understanding selecting the correct category when cancelling helps or we can contact Fiverr CS to resolve the matter.

I am a newbie here on fiverr. Its been 6 months only,

But i got a simple way of going through this error system.

whenever a buyer places an order accidently or something happened on thier side as you know cancelation tactics, I simply ask them to contact CS and ask them to cancel your order.

Tada, No cancellation rate drops from my side. Trust me. Only 3 cancellations affected my overall rate which were mutual cancelation. Hope this helps.

Oh okay, how long did it take for this?

Personally, I hardly ever have to cancel orders because the buyers didn’t read. In 3 years on Fiverr, I believe I had 2 5 Dollar orders I had to cancel because of that and maybe 2-3 more because the buyer didn’t fill out the requirements for an order or was unresponsive which doesn’t effect your completion rate if you send CS a ticket explaining the situation.

However I had a few cancellations because I didn’t deliver in time, I just messed up and that gives you 1 star ratings which was quite difficult to recover from. It took me at least a year to get business back up. I would definitely not recommend that! 😃

Personally, I hardly ever have to cancel orders because the buyers didn’t read. In 3 years on Fiverr, I believe I had 2 5 Dollar orders I had to cancel because of that and maybe 2-3 more because the buyer didn’t fill out the requirements for an order or was unresponsive which doesn’t effect your completion rate if you send CS a ticket explaining the situation.

However I had a few cancellations because I didn’t deliver in time, I just messed up and that gives you 1 star ratings which was quite difficult to recover from. It took me at least a year to get business back up. I would definitely not recommend that! 😃

Thank you for this information. Looks like most of the sellers are saying to contact CS for cancellation issues. I normally just ignore those and try to complete more orders as quickly as possible.

Thank you for this information. Looks like most of the sellers are saying to contact CS for cancellation issues. I normally just ignore those and try to complete more orders as quickly as possible.

If that works out for you, you surely can just ignore them, too but once you start having 5 cancellations in a row and lose 2 levels because of that, it does definitely get tricky to deal with.

Archived