Fiverr Community Forum

Buyers complaint

Hello everyone,
I can not really understand the problem about buyer request. Sometimes I can see multiple buyer requests, but when i refresh the page they get disappeared. Help would be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Sharjeel.

Hello guru909,

So, this is how buyer requests (BRs) work:

Buyer requests disappear from a seller’s BR page as soon as 10 other sellers (of the seller’s same level) submit an offer in response to the BR.

So, since you are a no-level seller, as soon as 10 other no-level sellers submit their offer to a particular BR, it will disappear from your view. You will not be able to see the buyer request anymore.

This is also the reason why BRs disappear within only a couple of minutes once they are made available to you (no-level sellers). If/when you reach level 1, you will be able to see a lot more BRs (also for a longer duration).

So, if you are able to see a few BRs you are interested in, do not refresh the page, because chances are that they will disappear from view. Just submit offers to the BRs you are interested in without refreshing the page.

Where did you get that information from?

It might be roughly that but has Fiverr/CS ever mentioned the numbers (roughly 10 was mentioned but I don’t remember Fiverr themselves saying 10). eg. Level 0 get to see requests that have total number of offers of around 12 (at least that the highest offer count I can see today), whereas level 1 get to see requests that have total number of offers of around 30 I think (or maybe it’s more).

Could the higher levels have a much higher limit of offers or higher max of offers for their level?
Are we sure that level 1 and above have a limit to the number of offers per request?

edit: See this:
https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-I-get-many-buyer-requests-in-Fiverr-after-evaluation

It seems like unlevelled sellers are treated differently and so level 1 and above won’t be limited like they are.

Also see this from CS:

Please know that all requests have a limit of unleveled seller offers before they are removed from view. This too has an effect on the number of offers you can see…"

1 Like

hansuber16 thank you.

thank you uk1000 for your help.

1 Like

@franklegacy @uk1000

Here’s what a forum mod had to say about this. Have a look:

So, maybe he has inside knowledge (from Fiverr staff/CS) on that.

It makes logical sense, too. That’s the reason why sellers who are at least level 1 can rarely see a BR having more than 30 offers (10 from no-level sellers, 10 from level 1 sellers, and 10 from level 2 sellers). Since (I believe) hardly any TRS sends offers to BRs, you (sellers who are at least level 1) rarely ever see a BR having more than 30 offers.

I am able to see 170 active BRs right now, and I notice that there are 23 BRs that have the highest number of offers (all of them have 30 offers each). This is because a BR can only receive 10 offers from each seller level: no-level, level 1, and level 2.

I RARELY see a BR with more than 30 offers (which, perhaps, means that TRS sellers had submitted offers, too).

I am not sure if this is the exact post @pacquo is referring to, but here’s CS’s reply:

2 Likes

@uk1000 CS said “10” to a seller in February 2018:

“I see that you are non-leveled seller. Please know that all requests have a limit of 10 unleveled seller offers before they are removed from view. This too has an effect on the number of offers you can see. You will have to check back every once in awhile for these requests.”

3 Likes

That is new to me…

But CS and Eoin have said it is only the new sellers/unlevelled sellers who have the limit, not level 1 and above.

Yes, there’s no official post saying that this is the case with the higher levels, too. However, I have given my reasoning for why I think that’s the case. Everything points to the fact that, perhaps, a BR can only receive 10 offers from each of the higher levels, too.

If level 1 and level 2 sellers had a higher limit (more than 10), I am pretty sure BRs would not look like they’re “capped” at 30 offers each. If more than 10 level 1 and level 2 sellers were able to respond to a BR, each BR would (probably) have far more than 30 offers.

@uk1000 It is also possible that CS said this (AKA was only referring to unleveled sellers):

because the person who submitted the ticket to CS was an unleveled seller, and so, they only wanted to share information that was pertinent to him (an unleveled seller).

2 Likes

@hanshuber16, @uk1000, @pacquo

Sometimes I have seen requests reaching 12 offers and even 14 too. Not much and not commonly, though, but still some of them get those amount of offers. Can’t say why, but it happens.

3 Likes

Though the suggestion is it is a max of 10 per level of seller per request. ie. so that when a seller sees 12 offers sent, there will be some sent from sellers of different levels (eg. some could be from level 0, some from level 1). And since there is likely a lot more unlevelled sellers they will normally reach their max of 10 offers per buyer request more quickly.

1 Like

I have no level so I guess I can only get to see unlevel seller offers. In fact, many times I’ve had the chance to see requests just showing up right at that very moment and have 0 offers.

So, if unleveled sellers are the first to send offers, those 12 or 14 offers some requests get, are from unleveled sellers.

1 Like

I think when it shows “Offers” the count is of all the offers sent to that buyer request, regardless of seller level.

eg. if a buyer request says Offers 14
9 offers might be from unlevelled sellers
5 offers might be from level 1 sellers

If 1 more unlevelled seller sends an offer it will then disappear for unlevelled sellers but remain for level 1 sellers to see.

3 Likes

I can’t really say because I don’t know. Maybe when I get to level 1, I’ll be able to have some explanation. But until then, I’m afraid everything I could say is just speculation :frowning_face:

2 Likes