Fiverr Forum

Buyers don't provide required information

And another thing…

My gig for commercials and voice overs clearly states in the description AND the instructions that the buyer MUST PROVIDE a script WITH the ORDER. How is this not clear?

Last week ONE buyer ordered THREE gigs, each which said basically “Hi, I don’t have a script for this one. Please look at the website and use your talent and creativity to make me a commercial”. Gig CLEARLY states I don’t WRITE the commercials and MUST have a script. Seriously, in this case I opened the web site, turned on the mic and ad libbed for a minute and sent the file, with a note reminding her – in strong but polite language – that scripts are required and any future orders must have them or will be cancelled. But then her cancellations count against MY record, when it was HER fault. So it kinda turns into “cover the stupid buyers butt or it’s your fault”. So, in this case the fiverr system sees she supplied the information (in this case a script) when in reality it was a note saying she didn’t HAVE a script and wasn’t supplying the required information. But if I cancel it, it’s a mark against me.

Or the people who order a gig, then in the spot where they’re supposed to be sending the critical information needed, they send something like “We’re working on the script and will get it to you as quick as we can” in the meantime time is ticking down and I may not be able to meet the delivery time because of their inability to read and follow instructions. Not meeting delivery time, or canceling goes against ME, when it’s not my fault, again.

I realize policing this would require lots of human time and effort at fiverr. Perhaps a button can be added to gigs where the seller clicks the “accepted” button that confirms the required elements for the gig to be completed have actually been provided, rather than simply relying on the fact that the buyer types SOMETHING into the space.

Really, couldn’t someone who just wanted to make trouble, go to gigs, place orders, and where it’s suppose to be information (a script for example) they just typed gibberish “Lalala doodoodoo zippety ding dong” into the required information space, and then just simply ignored any sellers messages? All those orders would never get done. and if sellers simply sent anything to them to complete the orders, the fake buyer could simply reject them and really screw with people!

Some kind of tweak is needed here.

I feel ya too. I’ve had a guy order five gigs but only send details for two. I’m going those and giving him credit for the others so the timer doesn’t run out!

The button thing would actually be a pretty good idea!

timinbovey said: I realize policing this would require lots of human time and effort at fiverr. Perhaps a button can be added to gigs where the seller clicks the "accepted" button that confirms the required elements for the gig to be completed have actually been provided, rather than simply relying on the fact that the buyer types SOMETHING into the space.

THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be ecstatic if this was a thing!!