Buyer's love a personal touch!

thewriteones

No long rant or bullet points here, just a few quick and simple tips that I often get complimented on from my buyers.

We all have that auto-response that gets sent whenever someone decides to hire us, and it serves its purpose. But over the past few months, I’ve made a point to send a personal message to each and every client after they’ve ordered. I personally introduce myself by my first name, thank them for the order, and if applicable, try to comment on some aspect of the order that is interesting (i.e. I write a lot of product descriptions, and quite often get hired to write about coffee, so I may mention a favorite brew I’ve tried recently). Clients love the personal touch, and the conversation makes them feel like more than just another customer.

Also, in dealing with clients, I try to avoid the term “customer” when working with them. “Customers” are faceless entities that buy fast-food hamburgers and T-shirts at the mall. “Clients” are in need of a specialized service, and work hand-in-hand with the seller to create something unique, a solution to a puzzle that they’ve been looking for.

Absolutely true. Many of Sellers have left 5 Star Reviews mentioning the Customer Care dimension of my services.
When you give a personal touch the buyer feels more secured and you encapsulate his attention and trust at once. Most of my repeat buyers constantly appreciate by friendly behavior and professional service overall.

Archived