Fiverr Forum

Buyers Not Contacting Me First

In my gig description, I ask buyers to contact me first. I use this method so I can determine whether I can do the job and whether I can do it in the time frame the buyer is requesting. This usually works well. Buyer contacts me, I say I can or can’t do the job. Usually I can and they book the gig.

Over the weekend, I was terribly sick, almost hospitalised. I did not have a chance to change my status to Suspended. Now am back, there are 4 new ordders from 4 new/unknown buyers and neither of them bothered to message me first. I am so upset by this I have not looked at the jobs. They all have New status.

What’s worse, I have regular customers who pay more than $5 for my excellent work messaging me about jobs. If I do these new jobs, I won’t have time to do on stuff for old customers. I have a good mind to ignore the new requests and ask these people to Cancel. But if I do that, how will that affect my rating?? P*ssed.

Kim

It’s so unfair !! My regular buyers will suffer…

Kim

some people will order the gig anyways because it fits what they are looking for, or they think that you can do anything :wink:

Mutual cancellation does not hurt your ranking, so use it if you need it. Another thing you can do is increase your lead time so you can deal with all these boneheads that will not follow instructions.

Reply to @kim_talented: Kim, it should only take a few minutes to contact the four new clients and ask them to explain what they need done (or how, or whatever). After that, give 'em a day to respond while you work on current customer orders. But no matter what, never, EVER neglect repeat clients!

Just part of the process as annoying as it can be. Folks are excited to order I find and they jump in without fully reading.

Send them my way! I don’t have anything going on right now, lol

How are you feeling now Kim? Everything good?

It is common. My first order was like the same. The buyer just ordered and submitted the required info. They believe after seeing ratings or title, that you are able to do that or by pics which you have on your gig.

I’m not as upset by this but still somewhat pissed. Glad to note mutual cancellations will not affect my rating. I have asked 1 to cancel, 1 to provide further info and have not opened the other 2 as yet. They will have to wait…

Kim

I’ve done a few mutual cancellations and it didn’t hurt my ranking. In fact I had to do one today because the buyer wanted a different add on than what he got and for some odd reason he couldn’t get it to add a new add on to the existing order. So I told him to cancel it and order again. Problem solved.

It’s so unfair !! My regular buyers will suffer…

Kim

some people will order the gig anyways because it fits what they are looking for, or they think that you can do anything :wink:

Mutual cancellation does not hurt your ranking, so use it if you need it. Another thing you can do is increase your lead time so you can deal with all these boneheads that will not follow instructions.

Reply to @kim_talented: Kim, it should only take a few minutes to contact the four new clients and ask them to explain what they need done (or how, or whatever). After that, give 'em a day to respond while you work on current customer orders. But no matter what, never, EVER neglect repeat clients!

Just part of the process as annoying as it can be. Folks are excited to order I find and they jump in without fully reading.

Send them my way! I don’t have anything going on right now, lol

How are you feeling now Kim? Everything good?

It is common. My first order was like the same. The buyer just ordered and submitted the required info. They believe after seeing ratings or title, that you are able to do that or by pics which you have on your gig.

I’m not as upset by this but still somewhat pissed. Glad to note mutual cancellations will not affect my rating. I have asked 1 to cancel, 1 to provide further info and have not opened the other 2 as yet. They will have to wait…

Kim