Buyers not leaning a review

I have completed more than 20 orders but only 15 of them have left a review even after being in touch during the whole project and the buyer always being satisfied. Once I asked a buyer to leave a review for credibility and hard work he left a 2 star review stating I haunted him for a week for the review and he wasn’t satisfied. After that I don’t ask for reviews from any buyer. What should be done just leave it to the buyer or ask them to leave a review?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

It’s ok to remind him once

The above is not good advice.

It is up to a buyer as to whether they want to leave a review or not.

Fiverr prompts them to do so more than once.

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

Always best to leave your buyer alone and move on.

It’s ok to remind him once

The above is not good advice.

It is up to a buyer as to whether they want to leave a review or not.

Fiverr prompts them to do so more than once.

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

Always best to leave your buyer alone and move on.

@lloydsolutions that explains the warning i got a few days back lol and yes surely I will keep this in mind from now on.

I have completed more than 20 orders but only 15 of them have left a review even after being in touch during the whole project and the buyer always being satisfied. Once I asked a buyer to leave a review for credibility and hard work he left a 2 star review stating I haunted him for a week for the review and he wasn’t satisfied. After that I don’t ask for reviews from any buyer. What should be done just leave it to the buyer or ask them to leave a review?

Once I asked a buyer to leave a review for credibility and hard work he left a 2 star review stating I haunted him for a week for the review

This is only ONE reason why you do not chase buyers for a review. The second, is by messaging a buyer and asking them for a review, they could report you and you could get a TOS warning.

What should be done just leave it to the buyer or ask them to leave a review?

YES. This is exactly what you should have done and should do from now on. Deliver your order and move on. If the buyer needs something, they know how to find you.

Some buyers just choose to not review. Some are private types who do not want other sellers to see how they rated someone. Some are just lazy and do not review anyone. Some are less than happy with what they got, but do not want to put a bad mark on your reviews and leave it be, and just won’t use your service in the future. They have their reasons.

Besides, while you were chasing them around for a review, Fiverr was reminding them as well! When they mark the order complete or they retrieve their files/order, Fiverr prompts them to leave a review AND if they would like, to tip you. If they do not do it at that time, I think when they log in again to their account there is another “reminder”. So, imagine this buyer getting you sending messages asking for a review, and then Fiverr having a pop up message or some other message on their account asking to review the order!

I would be annoyed as well!

Just leave it be from now on. I think getting 15 reviews out of 20 orders is pretty good!

GG

Don’t worry about the reviews some buyers don’t like to review.

I don’t know the perfect way but following is my process.

In projects final deliver I mention this text

“If you like the work please don’t forget to rate our services and if there are any problems, please let me know. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”

“If you like the work please don’t forget to rate our services and if there are any problems, please let me know. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”

You can’t do that either.

Don’t ever hint at a review. Period.

I used to say something like what binary did in my message when I delivered orders. But then a few years into doing that, all this talk about reviews, and asking about or mentioning them got some on the forums in trouble, and I just didn’t need the headache of them getting around to seeing that I was typing something much like they did - and have now just left it out and have a different message that just thanks them for ordering and to have a look at my other Gigs since I offer more than what they ordered. THAT seems to do really well, as some people do not go through all your Gigs and when they realize (at least in my niche) that you can do more than, say, X, they go and order Y. It has been a great way for me to sell services on my other Gigs.

GG

you cant ask them for 5 star ratings specifically, but you can request them for an honest review.

you cant ask them for 5 star ratings specifically, but you can request them for an honest review.

I wouldn’t risk asking or mentioning review at all. Too many loopholes here or black holes one can fall down if Fiverr’s bots thinks you are asking for a review. I used to put it in my message when delivering too - something like you do, but, I would rather not risk it, and Fiverr reminds them to review anyways. I don’t want to be a thorn in their side.

GG

No, it is not allowed. See below:

To put the issue of asking/hinting for reviews to rest. sleeping_bed I wrote to CS to ask if we are allowed to ask for nonspecific reviews. I told them that it was a source of controversy on the Forum and that we would appreciate knowing the truth of the matter and that I planned to post the answer here. Here is the email I received. image.png.de3c97c5a184cbd29b5f51f5ef642049.png This link is to the article on feedback that Amy mentions. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/feedback Note Amy said it should be of the buye…
Actually it’s a rhetorical question. The answer is NOOOOOOOO! I created this topic, because lately I’m seeing many sellers complaining they lost their accounts, and they don’t know why. Honestly, I know that fiverr Terms of Service ( https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service ) and Feedback Policy ( https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/feedback ) aren’t cleat enough about this. These only specify positive reviews, so I took a time to finally take this doubt out. If fiverr said you could ask rev…

Also, even if what you said was true, you are not asking for an honest review. You are asking them to rate your services if they like the work.

Fiverr asks the buyer to leave reviews a lot already, so there is no need for you to do it as well. I was a buyer before I was a seller, and I have always found it annoying to be asked to leave a review by sellers. Hence, I decided to never ask for a review when I became a seller - and I never have.

Once I asked a buyer to leave a review for credibility and hard work he left a 2 star review stating I haunted him for a week for the review

This is only ONE reason why you do not chase buyers for a review. The second, is by messaging a buyer and asking them for a review, they could report you and you could get a TOS warning.

What should be done just leave it to the buyer or ask them to leave a review?

YES. This is exactly what you should have done and should do from now on. Deliver your order and move on. If the buyer needs something, they know how to find you.

Some buyers just choose to not review. Some are private types who do not want other sellers to see how they rated someone. Some are just lazy and do not review anyone. Some are less than happy with what they got, but do not want to put a bad mark on your reviews and leave it be, and just won’t use your service in the future. They have their reasons.

Besides, while you were chasing them around for a review, Fiverr was reminding them as well! When they mark the order complete or they retrieve their files/order, Fiverr prompts them to leave a review AND if they would like, to tip you. If they do not do it at that time, I think when they log in again to their account there is another “reminder”. So, imagine this buyer getting you sending messages asking for a review, and then Fiverr having a pop up message or some other message on their account asking to review the order!

I would be annoyed as well!

Just leave it be from now on. I think getting 15 reviews out of 20 orders is pretty good!

GG

@genuineguidance absolutely!! have to agree with you on this one.

To put the issue of asking/hinting for reviews to rest. sleeping_bed I wrote to CS to ask if we are allowed to ask for nonspecific reviews. I told them that it was a source of controversy on the Forum and that we would appreciate knowing the truth of the matter and that I planned to post the answer here. Here is the email I received. [image.png] This link is to the article on feedback that Amy mentions. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/feedback Note Amy said it should be of the buye…
Actually it’s a rhetorical question. The answer is NOOOOOOOO! I created this topic, because lately I’m seeing many sellers complaining they lost their accounts, and they don’t know why. Honestly, I know that fiverr Terms of Service ( https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service ) and Feedback Policy ( https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/feedback ) aren’t cleat enough about this. These only specify positive reviews, so I took a time to finally take this doubt out. If fiverr said you could ask rev…

Also, even if what you said was true, you are not asking for an honest review. You are asking them to rate your services if they like the work.

Fiverr asks the buyer to leave reviews a lot already, so there is no need for you to do it as well. I was a buyer before I was a seller, and I have always found it annoying to be asked to leave a review by sellers. Hence, I decided to never ask for a review when I became a seller - and I never have.

man you scare the hell out of me, I am learning a lot from the forums.

I wont ask for a review again.

thanks for pointing it out

To put the issue of asking/hinting for reviews to rest. sleeping_bed I wrote to CS to ask if we are allowed to ask for nonspecific reviews. I told them that it was a source of controversy on the Forum and that we would appreciate knowing the truth of the matter and that I planned to post the answer here. Here is the email I received. [image.png] This link is to the article on feedback that Amy mentions. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/feedback Note Amy said it should be of the buye…

@vibronx that clears everything. ThankYou!

You’ve had lots of good advice about not chasing buyers for a review. I’m just writing to say that your experience of having 3 in every 4 buyers leave a review is about average and certainly nothing to worry about. Remember, not everyone wants to leave a review. We’re all asked to review so many things in life now - some people just can’t be bothered. My review rate is actually a little bit lower… about 2 in every 3 buyers review me.

he left a 2 star review stating I haunted him for a week for the review and he wasn’t satisfied.

This could be a reason.

Also, as has been stated, it is a Fiverr ToS violation to ask Buyers for a review since the Fiverr system automatically sends Buyer prompts to do so.

But not all Buyers will leave a rating.

They are not obligated to do so.

I have only 76% of my completed jobs rated.

Don’t worry about it.

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2021 at 3:44 PM, redhead_design said:

I have completed more than 20 orders but only 15 of them have left a review even after being in touch during the whole project and the buyer always being satisfied. Once I asked a buyer to leave a review for credibility and hard work he left a 2 star review stating I haunted him for a week for the review and he wasn’t satisfied. After that, I don’t ask for reviews from any buyer. What should be done is just leave it to the buyer or ask them to leave a review?

You can politely remind them to leave feedback in your delivery message.

Something like this will be fine: "If possible I will appreciate your feedback on my service"

Archived